Here’s an important piece of information for NIT/ IIEST/IIT/GFTI aspirants. The Joint Seat Allocation Authority (JoSAA) has been constituted by the Ministry of HRD to regulate the seat allocation to 92 institutes including the IITs, NITs and other Government funded Technological institutes.
IIT JEE rank will be released on 23 June 2016. The JEE rank will decide the fate of the candidates in bagging a seat out of the total 34781 seats available at 92 institutes including 23 IITs, 31 NITs, 18 GFTIs and 20 IIITs. After receiving the JEE Main ranks, candidates can apply to the seats by filling up the forms at Joint Seat Allocation Authority (JoSAA).
Candidates who are yet to get the JEE Main ranks, should take care of the following points regarding JoSAA.
- Candidates who have appeared in JEE (Main) 2016 are eligible to register for NIT (except IITs and ISM).
- Candidates who have qualified in JEE (Adv) 2016 can register for all the participating institutes.
- Candidates are required to fill up their choice in decreasing order of preference. Candidates can fill as many as choices as possible
- Candidates are required to lock their choices. Failing to lock may do it automatically when the time-window for filling in choices closes.
- JoSAA will conduct four rounds that is 1st through 4th rounds of seat allocation
- Candidates allotted a seat must pay the seat acceptance fee (through e-Challan/SBI NetBanking) and get the documents verified at any reporting center (josaa.nic.in) for provisional seat acceptance
- Candidates are required to fill option for ‘freeze’, ‘slide’ or ‘float’ the choice of academic program
- Candidates will also have the option to withdraw the seat by reporting at a reporting center before the fourth round of seat allocation.