Kerala Teacher Eligibility Test (Kerala TET) invited applications for recruitment to the Post of Teachers. Eligible candidates can apply through the prescribed format on or before 17 July 2017.
- Submission of Application (online): Step One: 03 July 2017 to 17 July 2017
Step Two: 04 July 2017 to 18 July 2017
- Downloading Admit Card through website: 01 August 2017
- Date of Examinations: 12 August 2017 & 19 August 2017
Kerala TET Vacancy Details
- Lower Primary
- Upper Primary
- High Classes
Eligibility Criteria for Teachers Posts
- For Upper Primary classes- B.A/B.Sc./B.Com. and 2 year Diploma in Elementary Education/Trained Teachers’ Certificate (TTC) [by whatever name known] conducted by Board of Examination, Govt. of Kerala or its equivalent; OR B.A/B.Sc/B.Com with at least 45% marks and 1 year Bachelor in Education (B.Ed.), in accordance with NCTE (Recognition, Norms and Procedure) regulations issued from time to time in this regard. OR Higher Secondary/Senior Secondary (or its equivalent) with at least 50% marks and 4 year Bachelor in Elementary Education (B.El.Ed.) OR Higher Secondary/ Senior Secondary (or its equivalent) with at least 50% marks and 4 year B.A/B.Sc.Ed or B.A. Ed or B.Sc.Ed.
- For High Classes - BA/BSc/B.Com with at least 45% marks and a B.Ed. Degree in the subject concerned from any one of the Universities in Kerala or have acquired these qualifications from any other Universities recognized as equivalent thereto.
For Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Botany and Zoology, those who have MSc.Ed. Degree in the subject concerned with not less than 50% marks from one of the Regional Institutes of Education sponsored by NCERT will be eligible to apply. For Botany and Zoology subjects, those with MSc.Ed. Degree in Life Science with not less than 50% marks from any of the Regional Institutes of Education are eligible to apply.
(For More Details, click on the above link of the Detailed Notification)
Age Limit- No Age Bar
Examination Fee for Teacher Posts
- General – Rs. 500/- (Non-refundable)
- SC/ST/PH – 250/- (Non-refundable)
How to Apply for K-TET, Teachers Posts
Applications should be submitted to Pareeksha Bhavan only through online mode up to 18 July 2017. Printout of the application, chalan and copy of the certificates need not be sent to Pareeksha Bhavan. The candidate should take a printout of the application before confirming and verify the details given in the online application.
Selection Procedure for Teacher Posts
The candidates will be selected as per the qualifying marks in the written test.