With thousands of students applying every year to foreign offshore universities for higher education and better career opportunities, scholarships come really handy for these students. It helps the students to help paying their course fees which generally remains very high comparing to Indian standards. Thousands of aspiring students apply every year for such scholarships to enhance their capabilities by earning a good education abroad. The scholarships provide financial assistance to these aspiring students to complete their studies abroad and design their own careers.
The foreign university course fees ranges anywhere between 15-30 Lakh in Indian currency and this varies accordingly with the choices in the universities and colleges. It becomes real tough for some students to manage such an amount for their studies. Scholarships come really handy in such situations which help the students to achieve their educational goals by supporting them financially.
There are few schemes and scholarships that the state or Central government of India offers to various meritorious students. Some of the scholarships offered to Indian students for which students can apply are given below.
- Dr Manmohan Singh Scholarships
- Oxford and Cambridge Society of India Scholarship
- USIEF Fulbright-Nehru Fellowships
- Chinese Government Scholarship
- International PG Research Scholarship by Australia
- Huawei Maitree Scholarship for study in China
- Raman-Charpak Fellowship for Indian and French Ph.D students
- Tata Scholarship for Cornell University,
- US UCD UG scholarship
- Oxford University's Rhodes Scholarship
- University of Sheffield's Scholarship
- India4EU II Scholarship to study in Europe
- Commonwealth Scholarship and Fellowship
- Inlaks Scholarship
- Hornby Scholarship to study in the UK
- Melbourne - India PG Scholarship
- University of Sessex Scholarship
Students willing to take up the scholarships are advised to go through the websites of these scholarships and check their eligibility to apply for the same.