Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research (IGIDR) is an advanced research institute founded by Reserve Bank of India. IGIDR announced admissions to interdisciplinary M Phil/ PhD (Development Studies) programme commencing in August 2013.
Name of the Programme
M Phil/ Ph D (Development Studies)
- Deadline for issue of application forms by post: 18 March 2013
- Last date to receive completed application/internet downloaded and Online Application forms: 22 March 2013
- Date of written test: 28 April 2013
- Interview conducts on: third or fourth week of June 2013
- Applicants should possess MA/ MSc in Economics/ M Statistics/ MSc (Physics or Mathematics or Environmental Science or Operations Research) MBA/ MTech/ ME/ BTech/ BE with a minimum of 55% marks for Economics discipline and 60% aggregate marks for other disciplines.
- In addition to this, the aspirants should have studied mathematics at the standard 10+ 2 or higher level.
Application Fee and Mode of Payment
The application fee is Rs 500 and can be paid through Demand Draft drawn in favour of Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research (IGIDR) payable at Mumbai. However, the online application fee is Rs 300 only.
Candidates will be selected on the basis of their performance in the following fields:
- Written examination
- Personal Interview
How to Apply
- Aspirants can get the application forms and prospectus from the Institute Students’ Office on working days by paying the application fee in person. Besides this, admission seekers can receive the form by sending a request letter to the Student Office mentioning the candidate's name, date of birth, gender, address, academic qualifications and choice of test centre along with application fee by post to the Students Office, IGIDR, Gen. A.K. Vaidya Marg, Santosh Nagar, Goregaon (East), Mumbai 400 065.
- Candidates can also download the application form from the website of the institute and pay the fee through DD.
- Moreover, admission seekers can apply online at http://www.igidr.ac.in/ and pay the fee online.
- Besides this, application form may also be attained from the office of Deputy Registrar (Academic) of the University through cash payment.
- Completely filled-in application form and DD (in case of downloaded application form) should reach to the Head of the Department or Director of the Centre for Studies concerned on or before the last date.
For further details, please Click Here