National Library, Kolkata invited applications for recruitment to the posts of Assistant Library & Information Officer by deputation including short-term contract basis. The candidates eligible for the post can apply through prescribed format within 60 days from the date of publication of the advertisement.
The National Library of India at Belvedere, Kolkata, is the largest library in India by volume and India's library of public record. It is under the Department of Culture, Ministry of Tourism & Culture, Government of India. The library is designated to collect, disseminate and preserve the printed material produced in India.
- Opening Date of Application Forms: 5 April 2014
- Closing Date of Application Forms: within 60 days from the date of publication of the advertisement
Details of Posts:
Name of the Posts:
- Assistant Library & Information Officer (Assamese): 1 Post
- Assistant Library & Information Officer (Russian): 1 Post
- Assistant Library & Information Officer (German): 1 Post
- Assistant Library & Information Officer (Hindi): 1 Post
Total No. of Posts: 4 Posts
- Graduation Degree in the Assamese, Russian, German and Hindi Language from any recognized University or equivalent.
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent in Library Science from any recognized University or equivalent.
- Post Graduate diploma in Computer Application from any recognized University or equivalent or 2 years experience in a recognized Library.
Pay scale: Rs.9300-34800/- with Grade Pay Rs.4600/- per month
How to Apply
- Eligible candidates may apply through prescribed application format as given in notification.
- Application Form, duly complete in all respect, along with Bio-Data and Upto-date character Roll Dossiers/APARs should be sent to the Director General, National Library, Belvedere, Kolkata-700027.
- Candidates should mention “Application for the Post of ________” on the envelope in which the form would be sent.