National School Of Drama invited applications for recruitment to the post of Professor (Acting & Direction), Associate Professor (Modern Indian Drama), Assistant Professor (Make-up) and Registrar. The candidates eligible for the post can apply through prescribed format before 10 March 2014.
National School of Drama was set up in 1959 by the Sangeet Natak Akademi, and became an independent school in 1975. It is one of the foremost theatre training institutions in the world and the only one of its kind in India.
Last Date for Receipt of Applications: 10 March 2014
Details of Vacancy
• Professor (Acting & Direction): 1 Post
• Associate Professor (Modern Indian Drama): 1 Post
• Assistant Professor (Make-up): 1 Post
• Registrar: 1 Post
Total No. of Posts: 4 posts
• Candidate should not be more than 45 years as on 1 January 2014 for Assistant Professor (Make-up) post.
• Candidate should not be more than 50 years as on 1 January 2014 for remaining posts.
• Professor (Acting & Direction): An eminent theatre person with published work of high quality or Ph.D. in concerned subject; actively engaged in research or theatre work or theatre training with 10 years experience of teaching / theatre, experience of guiding advance research / theatre work & proven high quality theatre work. OR An outstanding theatre person with established reputation, who has made significant contribution to theatre and to knowledge and with at least 15 years experience and should have Proficiency in writing and speaking English / Hindi essential.
• Associate Professor (Modern Indian Drama): Good academic record, M.A in Dramatic Art / Theatre Arts or in the concerned field from a recognized University / Institution or should have equivalent qualification from the NSD or any other recognized institution with minimum 5 years experience in teaching and / or theatre. Evidence of being actively engaged in research, innovation in teaching methods, or production or teaching materials OR Professional experience of minimum 10 years and proven work of great satisfaction and should have Proficiency in writing and speaking English / Hindi essential.
• Assistant Professor (Make-up): Good academic record, B.A. Degree and the NSD Diploma in Dramatics /or a Master Degree in the concerned subject with 2 years research or professional experience or evidence of creative work and achievement in the field of specialization or a combined research and professional experience of three years in the field as an artist or outstanding talent and should have Proficiency in writing and speaking English / Hindi essential.
• Registrar: Master degree with 10 years experience in an executive position in administration and financial affairs in a Government financed autonomous body / Government organization or Educational Institute of repute and should have thorough knowledge of Central Government Rules and Regulations.
• Professor (Acting & Direction): Rs.15600 to 39100 + GP- Rs.7600
• Associate Professor (Modern Indian Drama): Rs.15600 to 39100 + AGP- Rs.6600
• Assistant Professor (Make-up): Rs.15600 to 39100 + AGP- Rs.5400
• Registrar: Rs.15600 to 39100 + AGP- Rs.7600
The candidates will be selected on the basis of performance in interview.
How to Apply
• Eligible candidates are required to submit their application form on plain paper.
• Application Form, duly complete in all respect, along with attested copies of certificates / testimonials should reach to the Director, National School of Drama, Bahawalpur House, Bhagwandas Road, New Delhi-110001 latest by 10 March 2014.
NHM, Mumbai Recruitment 2018 for 5 Executive Director, Deputy Executive Director and Other Posts
CCSHAU, Hisar Recruitment 2018 for 16 Teaching and Non-Teaching Posts
SPIU, Odisha Recruitment 2018-19 for Nodal Officer/Consultant Posts
VNIT, Nagpur Recruitment 2018 for Research Associate and JRF Posts