Naval Component Commander (NCC), Andaman & Nicobar Command invites applications who fulfill the requisite criteria for filling up the following below mentioned Group ‘C’ posts in Naval Units under HQ Andaman & Nicobar Command. The candidates eligible for the post may apply within 30 days from the date of publication of the advertisement in the Employment News.
- Last Date for Submission of Application: 24 August 2014
Details of Posts
- Civilian Motor Driver: 69 Posts
- Fire Engine Driver: 05 Posts
- Fireman: 21 Posts
- Matriculation (Class X Pass) or ITI or equivalent from a recognized Board/ University.
- Possess a valid Driving license for driving Heavy Motor Vehicles (HMV).
- Must have at least one year (for post 1) and 03 years (for post 2) of experience in driving such vehicles. Must have knowledge of first line maintenance. And operation of various types of fire appliances (only for post 2).
- Must be physically fit and capable of performing strenuous duties.
Age Limit & Relaxation
Age Limit for the candidate should be between 18 to 25 years (for post 1 & 3) and 21 to 30 years (for post 2) as on last date of receipt of application and Age relaxation for the category candidates should be as per rules.
Pay Band (PB – 1) and Pay Scale of Rs. 5,200/- to Rs. 20,200/- plus Grade Pay of Rs. 1,900/- Per Month (for post 1 & 3) and Grade Pay of Rs. 2,000/- Per Month (for post 2) plus other allowances as admissible.
The short listed candidates will be selected on the basis of performance in Physical Test or Endurance Test followed with the Written Test/ Trade Test and finally the Personal Interview, which will be conducted by the administration and will be held at Port Blair, Andaman and Nicobar Islands.
How to Apply
- Interested Candidates may apply on the plain paper in the prescribed format along with the duly attested photo copies of relevant certificates/ testimonials in support of date of birth, qualifications, experience, category (SC/ ST/ PWD), etc. Discharge Certificate in case of Ex- Serviceman, Proof of Identity and a self- addressed envelope affixed with a Postal Stamp of Rs. 10/- with two recent passport size photograph one must be affix on the application form and other for the Admit card may be forwarded to the “Naval Component Commander, HQ NAVC, C/o Navy Office, Haddo (PO), Port Blair –744 102” before 24 August 2014
- Candidates already employed in Central Govt./ State Govt./ Public Sector Undertakings (PSU)/ Departmental candidates should submit their applications through proper channel and also submit the “No Objection Certificate” from the current employer.
- The envelope containing the application must be super scribed in bold letters as “APPLICATION FOR THE POST OF _____________________”.