Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti Notified Recruitment for 937 PGTs & TGTs 2014
Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti, Uttar Pradesh invited applications for recruitment to the post of Post Graduate Teachers (PGTs) & Trained Graduate Teachers (TGTs). Closing Date of Application Forms is 28 February 2014
Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti, Uttar Pradesh invited applications for recruitment to the post of Post Graduate Teachers (PGTs) & Trained Graduate Teachers (TGTs) on DIRECT RECRUITMENT BASIS in the Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas located in various districts of the country. The candidates eligible for the post can apply through online on or before 28 February 2014. The Navodaya Vidyalaya System is a unique experiment unparalleled in the annals of school education in India and elsewhere. Its significance lies in the selection of talented rural children as the target group and the attempt to provide them with quality education comparable to the best in a residential school system. Such children are found in all sections of society, and in all areas including the most-backward.
• Opening Date of Application Forms: 1 February 2014
• Closing Date of Application Forms: 28 February 2014
• Last Date for receipt of Application form: 3 March 2014
• Date of written test: 27 April 2014
Details of Posts
Name of the Posts:
Post Graduate Teachers (PGTs)
• Biology: 41
• Chemistry: 51
• Commerce: 25
• Economics: 76
• English: 53
• Geography: 33
• Hindi: 51
• History: 41
• Maths: 84
• Physics: 59
Trained Graduate Teachers (TGTs)
• English: 88
• Hindi: 65
• Maths: 179
• Science: 53
• Social Studies: 38
Total No. of Vacancy: 937 posts
• Post Graduate Teachers (PGTs): Candidate’s age should not exceed 40 years as on 31 January 2014.
• Trained Graduate Teachers (TGTs): Candidate’s age should not exceed 35 years as on 31 January 2014.
1. Post Graduate Teachers (PGTs):
• Two Year Integrated Post Graduate M.Sc. Course from Regional College of Education of NCERT in the concerned subject with minimum 50% marks OR Master Degree from a recognized university with minimum 50% marks.
• B.Ed.or equivalent qualification from a recognized University and Proficiency in Teaching in Hindi and English languages.
2. Trained Graduate Teachers (TGTs):
• Four years integrated degree course of Regional College of Education of NCERT with minimum 50% marks in the concerned subject as well as in the aggregate OR Bachelor Degree or equivalent from a recognized University with 50% marks or above in aggregate as well as in the concerned subject comprising the combination.
• B.Ed.or equivalent from a recognized University.
• Competence to teach through English and Hindi/concerned Regional language as the case may be.
• Should pass Central Teacher Eligibility Test (CTET) conducted by CBSE.
• Candidates have to pay Rs. 560/- (i.e. Application Fee of Rs.500/- + Rs.60/- Bank’s service charges) in the form of a bank challan through Union Bank of India.
• SC/ST/PH/Women Candidates are exempted from payment of fees.
• Post Graduate Teachers (PGTs): Rs.9300-34800+GP Rs.4800/-
• Trained Graduate Teachers (TGTs): Rs.9300-34800+GP Rs.4600/-
Eligible candidates will be selected on the basis of performance in written examination and Interview.
How to Apply:
• Eligible candidates may apply Online through Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti’s web-site at www.navodaya.nic.in
• No other means/mode of application will be accepted.
• After submission of online application, candidates are required to take a printout of e-Application form and send it along with the copies of testimonials for proof of age, educational qualification, Experience, Caste, Caste Validity, Non Creamy Layer, Physical disability, as applicable etc. to the Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti, B-15, Institutional Area, Sector-62, Noida, District Gautam Budh Nagar, Uttar Pradesh –201309 before 3 March 2014.