National Hydrographic Office, Dehradun invited applications for recruitment to the post of Compositor Grade II and Assistant Artist: Retoucher. The candidates eligible for the post can apply through prescribed format within 21 days from the date of publication of the advertisement. National Hydrographic Office is the National Authority for publication of nautical charts and publications. This office provides coverage for marine safety information in the region comprising of Indian Ocean, Arabian Sea and Bay of Bengal.
- Opening Date of Application Forms: 12 April 2014
- Closing Date of Application Forms: within 21 days from the date of publication of the advertisement
Details of the Posts:
Name of the Posts:
- Compositor Grade II: 1 post for OBC
- Assistant Artist: Retoucher: 1 post for SC
Total No. of Posts: 2 posts
- Compositor Grade II: Candidate age should be between 18-30 years.
- Assistant Artist: Retoucher: Candidate age should be between 20-35 years.
- Age relaxation will be applicable as per the rules.
- Compositor Grade II: Matriculation examination or equivalent from any recognized Board with experience as a compositor in English in a letter Press and should be able to give the prescribed outturn.
- Assistant Artist: Retoucher: Matriculation examination or equivalent from any recognized Board and Diploma/Certificate in Commercial Art, Printing Technology, Lithography, or Litho Art Work awarded after minimum 2 years course or training from a recognized institute with 2 years experience as a Retoucher OR 7 years practical experience as a Retoucher in Military Survey, Survey of India or other Photolitho establishment of repute (for ex-Serviceman only).
- Compositor Grade II: Rs.5200-20200/- with Grade Pay Rs.2400/- per month
- Assistant Artist: Retoucher: Rs.9300-34800/- with Grade Pay Rs.4200/- per month
Eligible candidates will be selected on the basis of Written Test/Interview.
How to Apply:
- Eligible candidates may apply through prescribed application format as given in notification.
- Application Form, duly complete in all respect, along with photographs (full name written on backside), 2 self addressed stamped (Rs.6) envelops of 23X11 cms size and attested copies of age, educational qualifications, Caste, Proficiency in sports etc. should be submitted to "The Chief Hydrographer, National Hydrographic Office, 107A Rajpur Road, Dehradun- 248001" within 21 days from the date of publication of the advertisement.
- Candidates should mention “Application for the Post of ________” on the envelope in which the form would be sent.
For Detailed Notification