Railway Recruitment Cell, Northern Railway invited application for recruitment to various posts. The candidates eligible for the post can apply through prescribed format before 24 June 2013. Railway Recruitment Cell was formed in year 2005 for recruitment of Group “D” staff over Northern Railway.
- Last date for receipt of application: 24 June 2013.
- Last date for receipt of application far flung areas: 9 July 2013.
Name of Post:
- Traffic Porter (Operating Department): 20 posts
- Pointsman (Operating Department): 57 posts
- Gateman (Operating Department): 35 posts
- Khalasi Helper (Civil Engg., Electrical, Mechanical, Signal & Telecom Department): 283 posts
- Trackman (Civil Engineering): 771 posts
- Carriage Cleaner (Mechanical): 171 posts
- DSL Khallasi (Mechanical): 02 posts
- DSL Cleaner (Mechanical): 10 posts
- Khalasi Helper (Mech. (w)): 101 posts
10. Safaiwala (Medical): 07 posts
11. Khalasi Helper (Stores): 16 posts
Total No. of Posts: 1473 Posts
Age limit: (Age as on 1 July 2013)
- For UR candidates: 33 years + extent of military service + 3 years.
- For SC / ST candidates: 38 years + extent of military service + 3 years.
- For OBC candidates: 36 years + extent of military service + 3 years. Only those Ex.SM who have put in not less than six months continuous service will be given relaxation in age limit to the extent of period of service plus 3 years
- Matriculation pass or equivalent or higher qualification.
- Ex-servicemen after putting in 15 years regular service and has passed Army Class-I Certificate or equivalent.
Pay Scale: Rs. 5200-20200 + GP of Rs. 1800
- Candidates will be selected on the basis of scrutiny of applications and there will be no written test or physical efficiency test.
- The panel of Ex. SM will be formed solely on the basis of the length of military service rendered subject to medical fitness.
- SC/ST/OBC category of Ex. SM placing in the panel shall be adjusted against their quota.
How to Apply
- Eligible candidates may apply through prescribed application form, as given in the notification.
- Fill that form completely and affix passport size photograph duly signed by the candidates and attested by gazetted officer, attested copies of certificates, two self addressed envelope with postage stamp on each envelop and with super scribed on the top “Employment Notice No.220E/ NR/ RRC/ Ex.SM/2012 (Part-II), Northern Railway Recruitment for Ex-Servicemen”
- Application form should reach to the following address:
Assistant Personnel Officer (RRC) Railway Recruitment Cell,
Northern Railway, Near Railway Crossing,
Lajpat Nagar - I,
New Delhi - 110024.