Policing refers to the activities involving police i.e the way police performs their duty and responsibility in the nation.
Police is a name which runs a sense of fear and threat in the minds of criminals. Police refers to an authorized body under the government and law of the nation which is responsible to look after the crime and criminals whether it is related to theft, murder, looting, rape, violence, terrorism or anything that is unlawful, unjustifiable and unethical in the eyes of law.
Policing in India is incompetent due to certain unavoidable reasons:
1. Bribery and corruption: The biggest sole reason why in India policing is considered to be incompetent is due to its indulgence in bribery and high level of corruption. Policemen take bribes at every small and minute issue and thereby the level of corruption is ever increasing. Criminals of all kind are easily set free for a few sums of rupees as bribe and this in turn gives them license to multiply their future ill-activities. Moreover, the policing has lost its value and ethics on the verge of bribery.
2. False and incompetent recruitment: A number of candidates take undue advantage of their relatives and friends already sitting at the higher posts in the sector to get recruited despite being incapable and at the cost of rejection of more competent, deserving and qualified candidate thereby lowering the standards of the system and becoming a part of such incompetent service. Hence, incompetency prevails and perpetuates.
3. Saviour turns into Destroyer: Many recent cases have occurred wherein policemen are themselves been found guilty in crime scenes like: murder, kidnapping and the most shameful of all rape of innocent girls and women. So, people have lost faith in the police who were supposed to be the saviour for us but activities as such proves them to be devil and destroyers of mankind and prosperity.
But if we look across these facts there are certain more facts that may go against the statement that Policing in India is incompetent. They are as under mentioned:
1) Bright emerging officers coming from civil service recruitment selection: An all India entrance exam known as Civil Services Exams is conducted at various levels and those selected candidates in the police department are very bright, dynamic and productive that work for betterment and welfare of the nation on a whole and thereby making policing even more prominent, promising and competent.
2) Fear of policing results in lesser crime activities: Due to the fear of policing and it’s prominent activities like shoot at sight, 3rd degree torture to criminals, profuse beating of criminals inside the jail and many other punishments infuse a sense of fear in the eyes and souls of criminals and hence many a times they stop themselves from committing crime and this is all because of fear of police which in turn shows the competency of police.
3) Rapid results by many intelligent and loyal police officers: There is a long list of loyal and true policemen in India who serve the nation and it’s citizens from the core of their heart by producing remarkable results overnight and bringing justice to all using their intelligence, approach and power. Such activities lead a sense of safety, security and freedom in the eyes of common nationals who can take sound and peaceful sleep at night. This is nothing but a true competency and capability of the power of Police.
In nut-shell, Policing in India is very crucial subject of concern which needs to be looked after more sincerely and it’s existence is in it’s moral obligations and fulfillment of responsibilities and duties which asks for impartial and loyal service to the nation and it’s nationals so that they can sleep in peace with a though at the back of the mind that somewhere in their vicinity there will be a policeman safeguarding their lives and property by sacrificing his sleep and rest.
“Jagran Josh also helps to get information about Top MBA Institutes based upon your choice of Location and Specialization.Click here to get details & the Best Seller “MBA Pedia” eBook, absolutely FREE.