Pondicherry University invites applications from the eligible candidates for filling up the following post of Graduate Trainee under two year Library Graduate Trainee Programme. The Pondicherry University is a central university in Puducherry, India. The university is a collegiate university with a jurisdiction spread over the Union Territories of Puducherry, Lakshadweep and Andaman and Nicobar Islands.
Last Date of Submission of Application : 07 February 2014.
Details of Posts
Graduate Trainee: 08 (Eight)
Graduate with a minimum of second class with Bachelor of Library & Information Science Degree from any recognised university.
Knowledge of Data Processing. Experience in Technical Library.
Age Limit & Relaxation
Upper Age Limit for the candidates should be 28 Years.
Relaxation is admissible only for reserved positions as per Govt. of India norms.
Pay Scale/ Salary
Consolidated Pay of Rs. 7,500/- Per Month for the first year and Rs. 8,000/- Per Month for the second year.
Batch System between 0830 hours and 2300 hours.
- The candidates shall submit the Fee Payment in the form of a Demand Draft for Rs. 100/- drawn from any Nationalised bank in favour of Finance Officer, Pondicherry University payable at Puducherry.
- Women/ SC/ ST/ Persons with Disabilities candidates/ Ex- servicemen are exempted from payment of application fee.
- The DD should be drawn on or after the date of advertisement but before the last date prescribed for the receipt of the applications.
How to Apply
- Interested candidates may visit the University Website www.pondiuni.edu.in for the details of the post.
- Applications should be submitted in the prescribed format along with the photocopies of testimoials/ certificates. Completed application with all the required enclosures must reach to The Deputy Registrar (Admn.), Recruitment Cell, Pondicherry University, Puducherry – 605 014.
- All Certificates, Degrees and other documents must be produced in originals at the time of Written Test/ Interview, if called for the same. Failure to produce these, may result into ineligibility to appear for the Written Test/ Interview.
- The last date for receipt of filled in application should be on or before 07 February 2014.
The short listed candidates will be selected on the basis of performance in Written Test/ Trade Test/ Practical/ Skill Test followed by the Interviews, which is conducted by the administration.