Port of Chennai, Chennai invited applications from the eligible candidates (Graduate and Diploma holders of Engineering) for Recruitment of Graduate and Diploma Apprentices for the one year Apprenticeship Programme under Government of India Apprentices (Amendment) Act 1973 in Mechanical and Electrical Engineering Department. The candidates eligible for the post may apply on or before 30 April 2014.
- Last Date of Submission of Application: 30 April 2014.
Details of Apprentices
- Name of Apprentices: Graduate and Diploma Apprentices
- No. of Disciplines: 04 (Four).
Name of Disciplines
(ii) Electrical & Electronics.
(iii) Electronics & Communications.
(iv) Computer Science.
(i) A Degree or Diploma in Mechanical/ Electrical & Electronics/ Electronics & Communications/ Computer Science or equivalent from recoganised University.
(ii) Should have been Registered with BOAT (Board of Apprenticeship Training), Tharamani, Chennai.
(iii) Should be within 3 years of Passing of degree diploma as on 01.06.2014.
Age Limit & Relaxation
Age Limit and relaxation can be considered as per rules.
How to Apply
- Interested candidates may apply in prescribed proforma along with copies of relevant testimonials/ certificates and send it to the “The Chief Mechanical Engineer, 7th floor, Centenary Building, Chennai Port Trust, No.1, Rajaji Salai, Chennai – 600 001. (Opposite Reserve Bank of India) on or before 30 April 2014.
- Candidates already employed in Central Govt./ State Govt./ Public Sector Undertakings (PSU)/ Departmental candidates should submit their applications through proper channel.
- The envelope containing the application must be super scribed in bold letters as “APPLICATION FOR THE POST OF _____________________”.
- No TA/ DA will be admissible to the candidates for attending the Written Test/ Interview.
- The establishment reserves the right to reject candidate at any stage of recruitment.
- All incomplete applications in any respect to be rejected.
- For details of Post and other terms and conditions the candidate can go through the link below.
The short listed candidates will be selected on the basis of performance in Written Test/ Trade Test/ Practical/ Skill Test/ Interviews, which might be conducted by the administration.