The Punjab Pollution Control Board invited applications for recruitment of 118 various posts. The candidates eligible for the post can apply through online on or before 5 November 2014. The Punjab Pollution Control Board was constituted in the year 1975, after the enactment of Water (Prevention & Control of Pollution) Act, 1974 to preserve the wholesomeness of water. Subsequently, with the enactment of other environmental laws the responsibility to implement the provisions of such laws was also entrusted to the Punjab Pollution Control Board in the State of Punjab.
- Opening Date of online Application Forms: 8 October 2014
- Closing Date of online Application Forms: 5 November 2014
- Last Date for Receipt of Application Forms: 12 November 2014
Details of the Posts
Name of the Posts
- Assistant Environmental Engineer: 14 posts
- Assistant Environmental Engineer (Computer): 1 post
- Assistant Scientific Officer: 6 posts
- Junior Scientific Officer: 11 posts
- Junior Environmental Engineer: 20 posts
- Scientific Assistant: 13 posts
- Clerk (Accounts): 7 posts
- Steno Typist: 12 posts
- Clerk-cum-Data entry operator: 30 posts
- Project Associate: 3 posts
- Project Associate (Microbiologist): 1 post
Total Number of Posts: 118 Posts
- Assistant Environmental Engineer: Rs.15600-39100/-+ Grade Pay of Rs.5400/-
- Assistant Environmental Engineer (Computer): Rs.15600-39100/-+ Grade Pay of Rs.5400/-
- Assistant Scientific Officer: Rs.10300-34800/-+ Grade Pay of Rs.5000/-
- Junior Scientific Officer: Rs.10300-34800/-+ Grade Pay of Rs.4200/-
- Junior Environmental Engineer: Rs.10300-34800/-+ Grade Pay of Rs.4800/-
- Scientific Assistant: Rs.10300-34800/-+ Grade Pay of Rs.3200/-
- Clerk (Accounts): Rs.10300-34800/-+ Grade Pay of Rs.3200/-
- Steno Typist: Rs.10300-34800/-+ Grade Pay of Rs.3200/-
- Clerk-cum-Data entry operator: Rs.10300-34800/-+ Grade Pay of Rs.3200/-
- Project Associate: Rs.20000/- per month
- Project Associate (Microbiologist): Rs.20000/- per month
Candidate should be Graduate/Post Graduate in respective field as per the posts.
- Candidate age should be between 18-38 years as on 1 January 2014.
- Age relaxation will be applicable as per the rules.
- For Post No. 1 to 5: Rs.1000/- for General & Rs.500/- for SC/ST Candidates
- For Post No. 6 to 11: Rs.500/- for General & Rs.250/- for SC/ST Candidates
The candidate will be selected on the basis of Written Test, shorthand test and typing test.
How to Apply
- Candidates are required to apply online through www.thapar.edu on or before 5 November 2014.
- No other means/mode of application will be accepted.
- After submission of online applications, candidates are required to take a printout of e-Application form and send it along with attested copies of all required certificates or documents by Registered Post/Courier at In-charge, PPCB - Cell, Thapar University, Patiala - 147004 (Punjab) on or before 12 November 2014.