Sahitya Akademi under the Ministry of Culture invited application for recruitment to 04 posts of Dy. Secretary, Assistant Editor, Sub-Editor & Stenographer at its Head Office in New Delhi and Regional Office Bengaluru. The candidates eligible for the post can apply through prescribed format before 23 February 2015.
Last date for receipt of applications: 23 February 2015
Details of Post
- Deputy Secretary (Publication): 01 Post
- Assistant Editor: 01 Post
- Sub-Editor (Hindi): 01 Post
- Steno Grade II (English): 01 Post
- Deputy Secretary (Publication): A Post graduate degree from a recognized University in a language recognized by The Akademi or equivalent. General knowledge of Indian literature and contacts with the literary community Five years' experience relevant to the execution of the job with ability to organise programmes and processing documents/minutes. Sound knowledge of at least one Indian language and good knowledge of English. Basic knowledge of computer application
- Assistant Editor: A Post Graduate degree from a recognised University in a language/ Literature recognised by the Akademi. Good knowledge of Hindi/English and one or more Indian languages of the region concerned. Five years' experience in editing literary and scholarly manuscripts and over’s seeing them through the various stages of production. Basic knowledge of computer application.
- Sub-Editor (Hindi): Bachelors Degree in Arts with Hindi as an elective subject. Minimum 2 years experience In a subordinate capacity in the editorial office of a periodical. Knowledge of Contemporary literary scene in Hindi and awareness of the major trends in atleast two other Indian languages Basic knowledge of computer application.
- Steno Grade II (English): 10+2 from Recognized Board. 80 w.p.m speed in shorthand and good speed in typing in English. Good Knowledge in computer application.
- Deputy Secretary & Assistant Editor: Upto 50 years
- Sub-Editor & Steno Grade II: Upto 30 years
- Deputy Secretary (Publication): PB-III (Rs.15.600-39,100 + GP 6,600)
- Assistant Editor: PB-III (Rs.15.600-39,100 + GP 5,400)
- Sub-Editor (Hindi): PB-II (Rs.9.300-34,800 + GP 4,200)
- Steno Grade II (English): PB-I (Rs. 5,200-20,200 + GP 2,400)
How to Apply
Application in the prescribed format as given in the website duly superscribed on the envelop Appication for the post of (Name of the post) should reach Secretary, Sahltya Akademi, Rabindra Bhavan, 35 Ferozeshah Road, New Delhi- 110 001 within 30 days of date of publication of this Advertisement.