SBI has always took its banking recruitment examinations through offline methods, but this year the authority has decided to go for a sea change in the test pattern. Detailed Notification SBI has proposed to initiate online test pattern for thousands of job aspirants waiting to give their examinations in a couple of weeks’ time. Before the examinations it is thus important for the candidates to know the examination pattern thoroughly so that they don’t need to worry extra about the process of going through the examination. Know about the selection procedure. Many of the candidates might face initial difficulties as this could be their first online examination. Thus it is important for such candidates to get a glimpse of the whole process which would allow them to focus entirely on giving the answers.
Understanding the Online Test Pattern
The candidate would get a User Id and password at the very beginning once they enter the examination hall. They need to use these while the login screen appears in front of them. The candidate would be given a total time of 2hour 15 minutes to solve all the 200 questions each followed by 5 alternative/options. Once the candidate is ready they should click the ‘I am ready to begin’ button, upon which their stipulated time would start counting. The questions would appear one at a time and the candidate would get an option to choose their language as English or Hindi for the questions. To answer a question the candidates need to ‘mouse click’ on the desired answer and click ‘Save & Next’ button to proceed to next question. The candidates would end their examination once they click the ‘submit’ button at the end of stipulated time.
Tips to Score Well
Due to the changed pattern of the examination the candidates might feel a need to change in their plans on tackling with the questions. There are few tips that might help them to score well in the examination and handle the questions tactfully.
- Manage your time to the fullest: Time management becomes the keyword in the online examination pattern. The candidate needs to work on the questions one at a time and thus they would not get the chance to glance through all the questions in the very beginning and start from anywhere they want. Hence it becomes important to regulate the amount of time given to a particular question. If there is any doubt about any question the candidate should leave it and move to the next question by clicking ‘Mark for review and next’ button, so that they can come back to the question later after they finish the other known questions.
- Analyze the question paper intelligently: The candidates can navigate between the questions by clicking on the question number that is displayed to the right of the screen, but they should be very careful while doing that as that could amount to a certain amount of time that gets lost while navigating. Hence it is better to go sequentially while opting for the questions. If the candidate feels like leaving a question to attempt it later they can do that with ease and save their valuable time.
- Marking Answers sensibly: When you are about to mark an answer make sure you are confident about the answer. Every wrong answer would account to a negative marking and could take your score down. On the right hand of the screen, you would get colors circling the question numbers as white, red, green and violet. If you left a question un-attempted it would remain white, if you don’t answer a question it would turn red, the answered questions would become green and the properly marked questions would appear to be violet. You can easily understand through the colors about the status of your paper and act accordingly.
- Prepare your subjects well: The papers that a candidate has to face have remained the same and total number of question has been decided to be 200. Each paper has equal number of questions (40 each) and carries equal importance. Hence it is necessary to undergo all the questions and score well individually in the papers.
- Feel Confident: You can use the rough sheet given to you for all the necessary rough work you need to do. You must feel confident while giving answer to a question. It is important to cross check your facts and the sheet helps you do that. Once you are confident enough you can attempt tough questions with ease and create a favorable environment around yourself while answering.