SBI declared the results of mains exam and some of you will go ahead to the next stage i.e. the group discussion cum interview stage that is going to be held in July 2017. The candidates who will make it to this stage need to understand that interview is not about luck only but it is about rigorous as well as smart preparation on the part of the candidates. In this article, we shall try to look at some topics that may come up for discussion during the GD/PI stage at SBI interview round.
SBI GD/PI: The last hurdle
SBI recruits probationary officers based on three stage recruitment and they are prelims, mains and GD/PI. While a prelim is a qualifying examination, the marks of the mains and interview will be taken into consideration for preparing the final merit list. This makes it important for the candidates to focus on this last stage of recruitment.
Important topics for SBI GD/PI
All of you are waiting for the mains results and once it is out, these following topics will help you give an idea regarding the topics that may be asked of you during the group discussion round before the interview:
- NSG entry is need of the hour for India
- Rail Budget should have been merged into general budget much earlier
- 7th pay commission recommendations are going to make government employees more responsible
- South China Sea is an area where India should focus more now rather than Pakistan issue
- Public Sector Banks are the backbone of Indian rural economy since private sector banks solely focus on profit maximization
- Banking sector is too crowded and therefore, merger of banks should be made the immediate focus of the government
- Indian bureaucracy needs to be more accountable to the public, otherwise it will not be empathetic to the problems of Indian people
- Women empowerment is more possible through mass awareness rather than launching programmes on a top-down basis
- Devolution of Financial Powers to Indian states is necessary for Development of India as a whole
- GST may be another bone of contention between the centre and the states in near future if not handled carefully
- Branch banking will be a thing of the past in the next decade of banking in India
- Attrition in banking industry is because of the relative disadvantages of being a banker in India
- Nutrition level in India is dismal because the food habits of Indians
- Swachh Bharat Mission is important for improving tourism in India
- High Yielding Variety seeds should not be used at all in India
- NPA problem in public sector banks
- E-commerce: Great race in Indian marketing
- Cashless Economy: Advantages and Disadvantages
- Digital Payments & E- Wallets
- Technological revolution in Indian Banking Sector
- The GST Bill: Impact on various sector in India
- Future of India and Pakistan Relation
SBI PO GD/PI will be conducted in the month of July 2017 and based on your performance on this test along with the mains exam you have already wrote, your fate in the bank will be decided by the CRPD of the bank. The topics given above are presented in order to give you an idea regarding the kind of topics that should be prepared while preparing for the most important stage of your examination selection. Understand the type and you add topics of your own to prepare for the group discussion and personal interview.
All the best!!