The banking team of jagranjosh.com has come up with concept and sample questions for Statement and Assumptions. The concept provided by us will help you to understand the topic. The sample questions offered by us are framed by keeping in view need of the question paper.
In this type of questions, one statement which is followed by two or more assumptions is given. The candidate has to decide which of the assumptions is/are implicit in the given statement. Before answering the questions, it is necessary to know about the meaning of assumption. An assumption is something supposed or taken for granted.
Some Important Tips
To solve the questions easily which are related to statement and assumptions some tips are given below-
- Assumption is based on the statement. Don't go far from the statement.
- The meaning of assumption is not opposite to the meaning of statement.
- Advice is considered because the adviser gives you advice only when you take his/her
- Generally negative information is considered.
- Some words like 'only', 'one and only' etc. added to assumption to make it 'particularise'
then you should never consider that assumption.
- If in assumption something is told about the past or future then such assumptions are not
- If an assumption is restatement of the statement then such assumption is not considered.
Statement- Go by aeroplane to reach Aurangabad from Mumbai quickly.
Assumptions- I. Aurangabad and Mumbai are connected by aeroplane service.
II. There is no other means of going from Mumbai to Aurangabad.
Answer with Explanation- As in the statement it is given that reaching to Aurangabad from
Mumbai quickly one should go by aeroplane, it means, both the cities Mumbai and Aurangabad
must be connected by aeroplane service. Hence, assumption I is implicit. The word 'quickly'
indicates that there are other means also of going from Mumbai to Aurangabad but they take longer than by aeroplane. Hence, assumption II is not implicit.
Statement-"If you want to get the best treatment for coronary diseases you must approach hospitaI2"-A tells B.
Assumptions- I. B may be heart patient.
II. B generally listens to A.
III. A may have enough information about the hospital facilities.
Answer with Explanation - B must be the heart patient so A is telling him about the hospital.
B believes fully on A, that is why A is telling to B. Thirdly A must have enough information about
the hospital, so he is advising to B about that hospital. Hence, all the three assumptions are
Take Your Test