XAT 2013 is scheduled for 6 January 2013. It is a national level entrance examination conducted by Xavier Group of Institutions for admission in Management programs every year. The Xavier group is regarded as one of the very prestigious institutes. Find here the Solved Analytical Reasoning and Decision Making section from XAT 2009 paper.
Directions for question 1 to 3 :
Each group of questions in this section is based on a set of conditions. In answering some of the questions, it may be useful to draw rough diagram. Choose the response that most accurately and completely answers each questions.
Four married couples competed in a singing competition. Each couple had a unique team name Points scored by the teams were 2, 4, 6 and 8. The "Sweet Couple" won 2 points. The "Bindas Singers" won two more points than Laxman's team. Mukesh's team won four points more than Linas's team, but Lina's team didn't score the least amount of points. "Just Singing" won 6 points. Waheda wasn't on the team called "New Singers". Sanjeev's team won 4 points. Divya wasn't on the "Bindas Singers" team. Tapas and Sania were on the same team, but it
wasn't the "Sweet Couple".
1. Laxman's teammate and team's name were:
1) Divya and Sweet Couple
2) Divya and Just Singing
3) Waheda and Bindas Singers
4) Lina and Just Singing
5) Waheda and Sweet couple
2. The teams arranged in the ascending order of points are:
1) Bindas Singers, Just Singing, New Singers, Sweet Couple
2) Sweet Couple, New Singers, Just Singing, Bindas Singers
3) New Singers, Sweet Couple, Bindas Singers, Just Singing
4) Sweet Couple, Bindas Singers, Just Singing, New Singers
5) Just Singing, Bindas Singers, Sweet Couple, New Singers
3. The Combination which has the couples rightly paired is:
1) Mukesh, Lina
2) Mukesh, Waheda
3) Sanjeeu, Divya
4) Sanjeev, Lina
5) Sanjeev, Waheda