South Western Railway invited applications for recruitment against Scouts & Guides Quota 2014-15. The candidates eligible for the post can apply through prescribed format before 20 October 2014. The South Western Railway is one of the 17 railway zones in India.
Last Date for Receipt of Application Forms: 20 October 2014
Name of Posts:
- Group C: 2 posts
- Erstwhile Group D: 6 posts
Total no. of Posts: 8
- Group C: Rs.5200-20200 + GP of Rs. 1900/-
- Erstwhile Group D: Rs.5200-20200 + GP of Rs. 1800/-
- Group C: 10th passed or its equivalent.
- Erstwhile Group D: 10th passed/ITI/NCTVT/equivalent.
Scouts & Guides Qualification
- Candidate must be a president’s Scout or Guide Ranger or Rover or Himalayan Wood Badge Holder or a Pre – HWB Trained scout leader or Advanced Trained Guide or Leader or Captain.
- Candidate must have been an active member of Scouts Organisation for at least 03 years in the recent past and should continue to be active.
- Candidate must have attended at least one event at National Level and 1 or 2 events at State Level. OR Should have a good record of participation in Scouts or Guides activities at Unit/District Level.
- Group C: Candidates age must be between 18 to 30 years as on 1 January 2015.
- Erstwhile Group D: Candidates age must be between 18 to 33 years as on 1 January 2015.
- Age relaxation will be applicable as per the Govt. rules.
- OBC and Unreserved candidate have to pay Rs.100/- as application fees.
- SC/ST/EXSM/PWD /Women /Minority candidates/Economically Backward Classes are exempted from payment of fee.
Candidates will be selected on the basis of Written Test, Scout & Guide Qualification over and above the minimum prescribed eligibility condition and Personality Test/Interview.
How to Apply
- Eligible candidates can apply through prescribed application format as given in the notification.
- The application complete in all respects along with attested copies of Educational Qualifications, other testimonials, proof of age and Category certificate etc. should be sent to the respective address as given in the notification before 20 October 2014.