South Western Railway invited applications from ITI candidates in relevant trade who desire to undergo training as Act Apprentice at Bangalore Division, Mysore and Mysore South of South Western Railway. SWR was created by amalgamating the reorganized Hubli division from South Central Railway with Bangalore & Mysore divisions of Southern Railway. This railway has become operational from 1 April 2003 with its head quarter at Hubli in the state of Karnataka.
Important Date for SWR recruitment of ITI Apprentice Training 2013
Last date of Applications: 4 April 2013
Name of the Post: Act Apprentices Training
Total Number of vacancies: 480
Details of posts:
CENTRAL WORKSHOPS, MYSORE
Fitter - 96 posts
Turner - 22 posts
Machinist – 21 posts
Welder - 27 posts
Electrician – 20 posts
Painter - 11 posts
PASAA - 14 posts
Total- 211 posts
Mysore Division South Western Railway
Fitter - 78 posts
Welder(G&E) – 02 posts
Electrician – 56 posts
PASAA - 93 posts
Stenographer – 03 posts
Total – 232 posts
Bangalore Division South Western Railway
Fitter(Diesel Loco Shed) – 09 posts
Electrician (Diesel Loco Shed) – 04 posts
Electrician (Electrical Dept) – 11 posts
Fitter(C&W depot) – 13 posts
Total – 37 posts
Age Limit: Minimum 15 years and maximum 24 years as on 22 February 2013. Relaxation in age as per rules
Class 10 pass on 10+2 system or its equivalent with ITI approved by NCVT/SCVT in the relevant trade.
Training period: 1 year
• For Welder & PASAA Trade: Rs.1700/- per month
• For All other Trades: Rs.1970/- per month
• Selection of the candidates will be made on the basis of academics qualification, personal interview and medical examination.
• Candidates short-listed in the initial screening will be called for the interview.
• The interview schedule and centre address will be mentioned in the candidate’s call letter.
How to Apply
Candidates, who fulfill the eligibility criteria and are willing to apply, can download the application format from the official link of South Western Railway:
• Application Form, duly complete in all respect, along with two recent attested (by Gazetted Officer) passport size photographs (of which one should be affixed on application form), two self-addressed envelope (size 11 x 5 inches), and attested (by Gazetted Officer) photocopies of relevant certificates, should be dropped in the Box kept in the Personnel Branch, Office of the Chief Workshop Manager, South Western Railway, Mysore South, or can send by ordinary post, to The Chief Workshop Manager, Central Workshops, South Western Railway, Manandawadi Road, Mysore (Karnataka) - 570008, latest by April 4, 2013 till 1700 hrs.
• Candidates should mention “Application for Engagement as Act Apprentices (Ex. ITI)” on the envelope in which the form would be sent.
• For more information regarding the application, candidates can visit the aforementioned official website of South Western Railway.
South Western Railway
Central Workshop, Mysore South
Mysore (Karnataka) - 570008
South Western Railway Recruitment 2018-19 for 963 Apprentice Posts, Apply till 16 January
North East Frontier Railway Recruitment 2019 for 12 Scouts and Guides Quota Posts
Central Railway Mumbai Recruitment 2019, 78 Vacancies for DEO/Executive Assistant/Office Asst Posts
Northern Railway Recruitment 2018-19 for 21 Posts against Sports Quota Posts