The School of Planning and Architecture, Bhopal (SPA Bhopal) invited applications for recruitment of various academic and non- academic positions. The candidates eligible for the post can apply through prescribed format before 7 March 2014. SPA Bhopal is a higher education institute in Bhopal, specializing education and research in the field of urban planning and architecture. It is one of the three School of Planning and Architecture (SPAs) established by the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India in 2008 as an autonomous institute and a fully Centrally Funded Technical Institution (CFTI).
Last Date for receipt of Application form: 7 March 2014
1) Academic positions
- Professor: 3 Posts
- Associate Professor: 4 Posts
- Assistant Professor: 5 Posts
2) Non- academic positions
- Estate Officer: 1 Post
- Graphic Designer/ Senior Technical Assistant (Publications): 1 Post
- Graphic Assistant/ Technical Assistant (Publications): 1 Post
- Assistant Sports Officer: 1 Post
- Hindi Assistant: 1 Post
- Workshop/ Studio Assistant: 1 Post
- Communication System Operator: 1 Post
Total no. of Posts: 19
- Candidate age should not be more than 45 years for Estate Officer and Graphic Designer/ Senior Technical Assistant (Publications).
- Candidate age should not be more than 40 years for Graphic Assistant/ Technical Assistant (Publications).
- Candidate age should not be more than 35 years for Assistant Sports Officer, Hindi Assistant, Workshop/ Studio Assistant and Communication System Operator.
- Professor: PhD with minimum 60% aggregate marks at Bachelor’s or Master’s level in Planning Discipline or Architecture discipline. Minimum 10 years experience in teaching or Post Doctoral Research or Professional work.
- Associate Professor: PhD with 60% aggregate marks at Bachelor’s or Master’s level in Planning or Architecture or in relevant discipline. Minimum 8 years of experience in teaching or Post Doctoral Research or Professional work.
- Assistant Professor: Master’s Degree or equivalent PG Diploma & Bachelor’s Degree with 60% aggregate marks at any one of the levels in discipline of Architecture or in relevant discipline.
- Estate Officer: B.E. (Civil)/B.Arch/ B.Plan /MBA with 55% marks or its equivalent grade.
- Graphic Designer/ Senior Technical Assistant (Publications): Master Degree in Design or PG Diploma in Design with 1 Year post qualification experience in publishing industry/ research with adequate working knowledge of publishing platforms like Adobe CS/ Corel/ Quark etc.
- Graphic Assistant/ Technical Assistant (Publications): Bachelor Degree in Design or Diploma in Design with 2 Years post qualification experience in publishing industry/ research with adequate working knowledge of publishing platforms like Adobe CS/ Corel/ Quark etc.
- Assistant Sports Officer: Master Degree in Physical Education or in Sports Science with at least 55% marks (or equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) with a consistency good academic record; Record of having represented the University/ College at the inter-University/ Inter- Collegiate competitions or State and/or National Championships; Qualifying in the National-level test conducted for the purpose by the UGC or any other agency approved by the UGC and passed the physical fitness test conducted in accordance with these regulations.
- Hindi Assistant: Master Degree with Hindi as main subject with English/ Hindi as main subject at Degree Level.
- Workshop/ Studio Assistant: Bachelor Degree OR Diploma in Industrial Design/ Architecture/ Planning/ Civil Engg./Industrial Engg. Post Qualification Experience of handling Workshop and demonstration for minimum 1 years at University level institutions of Architecture/ Planning/Engg./Design.
- Communication System Operator: Graduate Degree with good academic record.
- ·Application fee
- Candidates need to pay the fee for faculty positions of Rs.1000/- (for General and OBC candidates) and for non-faculty positions Rs.500/- (for General and OBC candidates) by Demand Draft from any Nationalized Bank favoring Director, SPA Bhopal payable at Bhopal.
- SC/ST/ PWD (Persons with Disabilities) and Women candidates are exempted from payment of fees.
Candidates will be selected on the basis of performance in written examination/skill test and interview.
How to Apply
- Candidates can download the prescribed application form from the Website.
- The application complete in all respects along with the passport size photograph and attested copies of relevant certificates and other testimonials in support of age, qualification, caste, DD and experience should be sent in a sealed envelope super scribing Application for Academic Position/ Non-Academic Position for the post CODE No.[ ]/ Serial No.[ ] of “_______________________” to The Director (Attention to: Recruitment Section), School of Planning and Architecture, Bhopal, (An Autonomous Institution of MHRD, Govt. of India), Present Campus: Sports Complex (First Floor), MANIT , Bhopal - 462051(INDIA) MP before 7 March 2014.