Staff Selection Commission (SSC) conducts a Combined All India Open Examination for recruitment to the posts of Stenographer Grade ‘C’ and Grade ‘D’ for which intermediate/12th pass or equivalent is the minimum qualification required.
The SSC Stenographer Recruitment Exam comprises a written paper that consists of 100 Objective Type - Multiple choice questions divided into 3 parts viz. General Intelligence & Reasoning (50 questions), General Awareness (50 questions), and English Language and Comprehension (100 questions). There will be negative marking of 0.25 marks for each wrong answer.
The exam experts of jagranjosh.com have jotted section-wise tips and strategies for the SSC exam aspirants to make them fully prepared for examinations they going to take up.
Here are some tips and strategies for English Language & Comprehension Section of SSC Stenographer Grade ‘C’ and Grade ‘D’ Examination. Compiled by the exam experts only, these tips & strategies will help aspirants to score considerably in the exam by making 100% in the English Language section.
English Language Section is included in SSC Stenographer Grade ‘C’ and Grade ‘D’ Exam to test your basic knowledge of English language & its grammar.
- Questions from the topics like Reading Comprehensions, Sentence Arrangement, Synonyms, Antonyms, Spelling test, Common error, Fillers, etc., are being asked.
- The rules of parts of speech must be understood well as exam takers are mostly required to deal with grammar part.
- The candidates should have good knowledge of rules of Grammar and its correct usage in right perspective.
- They should have good (fast) reading ability for attempting questions of Reading Comprehensions.
- Vocabulary of candidates should also be strong to answer synonyms and antonyms.
- The candidate should give attention to the various exceptions to the grammatical rules also in order to deal with the spotting error section.