Staff Selection Commission (SSC) conducts a Combined All India Open Examination for recruitment to the posts of Stenographer Grade ‘C’ and Grade ‘D’. The minimum qualification for the exam is intermediate/12th pass or equivalent.
The said examination comprises a written paper that consists of Objective Type - Multiple choice questions only that are divided into 3 parts viz. General Intelligence & Reasoning (50 questions), General Awareness (50 questions), and English Language and Comprehension (100 questions). The total of 200 multiple choice questions are being asked in the exam, and there will be negative marking of 0.25 marks for each wrong answer.
Here are some tips and strategies for the General Intelligence & Reasoning section, which, if followed, will help the aspirants a lot to score well in the examination. Take a glance:
• The candidates should have metal alertness and logical skill while preparing for GI Section.
• Both Verbal and Non Verbal Types of Concepts should be focused by the candidates.
• For solving non verbal type of questions, one must have look over the movement of the figures concerned.
• All the components of the diagram, their positions, directions, size must be taken into consideration by the aspirants.
• Good command over GI Concept will save lot of time that one can spend on other sections
• The questions in this section are included from topics like Verbal and Non Verbal Reasoning including topics- Analogy, Symbolic Operation, Classification, Syllogism, Inferences, Number Series, Word Building, Social Intelligence, Venn Diagrams etc.
• Candidate should understand the nature of questions by practicing similar questions from model papers and previous year exam papers