The Staff Selection Commission invited application from the eligible candidates for Combined All India Open Examination for recruitment to the posts of Stenographer Grade ‘C’ and Grade ‘D’. Interested candidates can apply in the prescribed format on or before 27 June 2014.
- Start Date for Registration: 31 May 2014
- Closing Date for Part-I Registration: 25 June 2014
- Closing Date for Part-II Registration: 27 June 2014
- Last Date for candidates residing in Assam, Meghalaya, Arunachal Pradesh, Mizoram, Manipur, Nagaland, Tripura, Sikkim, Jammu and Kashmir, Lahaul and Spiti District and Pangi Sub Division of Chamba District of Himachal Pradesh, Andaman and Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep and for candidates residing abroad: 03 July 2014
- Date of Examination: 14 September 2014
Details of Posts
- Tentative vacancies for Stenographers Grade-C: 38 Posts
- Tentative vacancies for Stenographers Grade-D : 496 Posts
- Reservation for SC/ST/OBC/ExS/PH/ etc. categories is available as per extant Govt. Orders.
- Vacancies of Stenographer Grade-C are in Ministries/Departments of Central Government, located mostly in Delhi.
- Vacancies of Stenographer Grade-D are for Ministries/Departments of Central Government including Attached/Subordinate offices located in States and Union Territories all over the country.
A candidate must be either
a citizen of India, or
a subject of Nepal, or
a subject of Bhutan, or
a Tibetan refugee who came over to India, before the 1st January,1962, with the 3 intention of permanently settling in India, or
a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania(Formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar),Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India
Age Limit: Between 18-27 years as on 01 August 2014 (Candidates born not before 02 August 1987 and not later than 01 August 1996).
Educational Qualifications: ( As on 01 August 2014)
Must have passed 12th Standard or equivalent from a recognized Board or University
How to Apply
Candidates have to On-line application on respective dates through, www.ssconline.nic.in.
Part-I Registration: Up to 5.00 PM on 25 June 2014
Part-II Registration: Up to 5.00 PM on 27 June 2014