Staff Selection Commission, Southern Region (SSC SR), Chennai invited applications for Recruitment of various “Group-B” and “Group-C posts. The candidates eligible for the posts may send their applications in the prescribed format along with the copies of required documents on or before 24 November 2014. SSC is an Indian government organisation to recruit staff for various posts in the various Ministries and Departments of the Government of India and in Subordinate Offices. This commission is an attached office of the Department of Personnel and Training. Its aim is to conduct examinations and/or interviews to make recruitment to Group “B” and Group “C” posts for the various Ministries and Departments of the Government of India.
- Last Date for Receipt of Application forms: 24 November 2014
- Last Date for Receipt of Application forms for far flung Areas: 1 December 2014
Name of the Posts
- Jr. Technical Assistant: 5
- Quarantine Inspector: 1
- Research Assistant: 1
- Assistant Programmer: 9
- Assistant Epigraphist: 2
- Artist Grade-II: 1
- Sales Assistant: 2
Total No. of Post: 21
- Rs.9300-34800 + Grade Pay Rs.4200/- for post no. 1, 2, 3, 5 & 6.
- Rs.9300-34800 + Grade Pay Rs.4600/- for post no. 4.
- Rs.5200-20200 + Grade Pay Rs.2800/- for post no. 7.
- Jr. Technical Assistant: Degree in Commerce/Economics/Law.
- Quarantine Inspector: BSc with Zoology or Microbiology.
- Research Assistant: Master Degree in Zoology/Microbiology/Biochemistry.
- Assistant Programmer: B.E/B.Tech or Master Degree in Computer Engineering/Computer Science/Computer Technology.
- Assistant Epigraphist: Master degree in Tamil/Malayalam/Telegu/Kannada with ancient Indian History.
- Artist Grade-II: 10th passed and Diploma of Art School and college.
- Sales Assistant: 12th passed or equivalent.
- Candidate’s age should be below 30 years for post no. 1 to 5.
- Candidate’s age should be between 18-30 years for post no. 7.
- Candidate’s age should be between 18-25 years for post no. 6.
- Candidates have to pay the fee of Rs.50/- in the shape of CRFS pasted at the top of the application in the space provided which must be got cancelled from the counter clerk of any post office.
- Women candidates/Scheduled Castes/Scheduled Tribes/PH candidates and Ex-Servicemen are exempted from the fees.
Candidates will be selected based on the performance in screening test/proficiency test/interview.
How to Apply
- Eligible candidates may apply through prescribed application format as available on the website.
- Application Form, duly complete in all respect along with one recent passport size photograph affixed and one additionally duly attested photograph to be enclosed, attested copies of all relevant certificates/mark sheets, caste certificates (if applicable) should be submitted to the Regional Director (SR), Staff Selection Commission, 2nd Floor, EVK Sampath Building, DPI Campus College Road, Chennai – 600 006 on or before 24 November 2014.