Staff Selection Commission – Western Region invited applications for Recruitment of various Group ‘B’ and Group ‘C’ posts. The candidates eligible for the post can apply through prescribed format before 14 August 2014.
- Last Date for Receipt of Application forms: 14 August 2014
- Last Date for Receipt of Application for candidates residing in Assam, Meghalaya, Arunachal Pradesh, Mizoram, Manipur, Nagaland, Tripura, Sikkim, Jammu & Kashmir, Lahaul and Spiti District and Pangi Sub-Division of Chamba District of Himachal Pradesh, Andaman and Nicobar Islands, Lakshdweep & for applicants residing abroad: 21 August 2014
- Assistant Epigraphist (Arabic and Persian Inscriptions): 3 posts
- Dietician Grade-III: 15 posts
- Bosun: 5 posts
- Senior Scientific Assistant: 8 posts
- Clerk: 1 post
- Assistant Manager cum Storekeeper: 1 post
- Photographer Grade-III: 1 post
- Junior Cartographic Assistant: 1 post
- Junior Technical Assistant: 21 posts
- Accountant: 1 post
- Scientific Assistant: 1 post
- Store Superintendent: 1 post
- Sr. Library and Information Assistant: 1 post
- Draughtsman Grade-I: 34 posts
- Library and Information Assistant: 4 posts
- Chargeman-II: 13 posts
- Qarantine Inspector: 3 posts
- Deputy Ranger: 3 posts
- Senior Radio Technician: 1 post
Total No. of Posts: 118 Posts
- Assistant Epigraphist (Arabic and Persian Inscriptions): Master degree in Persian or Arabic with Medieval Indian History as subjects at the Bachelor degree level.
- Dietician Grade-III: Post Graduate degree in Food Nutrition or Dietetics and Food Service management or Degree in Home Science along with Diploma in Dietetics.
- Bosun: 12th class passed or equivalent and Possession of a Certificate of Competency as Mate Fishing Vessel issued by Mercantile Marine Department.
- Senior Scientific Assistant: Master degree in Marine Biology or Zoology or Oceanography or Fishery Science or Fisheries Management or Industrial Fisheries or Aquatic Biology in Fisheries.
- Clerk: 10th class passed or equivalent.
- Assistant Manager cum Storekeeper: 10th class passed and Diploma in Book-Keeping or Store Keeping.
- Photographer Grade-III: 10th class passed and Knowledge of practical experience of photography and photomicrography, developing, printing, enlarging, copying and preparation of lantern slides.
- Junior Cartographic Assistant: Master degree in Geography.
- Junior Technical Assistant: Degree in Commerce or Economics or degree in Law.
- Accountant: A degree with Commerce or Accounts.
- Scientific Assistant: Bachelor Degree in Science with Chemistry or Diploma in Chemical Engineering/Chemical Technology.
- Store Superintendent: Diploma in Material Management or any Diploma having Material Management as a subject or Diploma in Pharmacy.
- Sr. Library and Information Assistant: Bachelor Degree or equivalent Diploma in Library Science.
- Draughtsman Grade-I: 12th class passed and 3 years Diploma in Electrical/Mechanical Engineering.
- Library and Information Assistant: Degree in Library Science or Library and Information Science or equivalent.
- Chargeman-II: Bachelor of Science with Physics or Chemistry or Mathematics OR Diploma in engineering in the appropriate discipline viz Electrical, Electronics, or Mechanical Engineering.
- Qarantine Inspector: Bachelor of Science with Zoology or Microbiology.
- Deputy Ranger: 12th passed or its equivalent or trained Forester or trained Forest Guard from the Regional Forestry School.
- Senior Radio Technician: Degree or Diploma in Electronics or Electrical, Communication Engineering.
Age Limit (as on 14 August 2014)
- For Post no. 1 to 4, 9 to 11, 13 to 15, 17 & 19: Between 18-30 years.
- For Post no. 5, 6, 8 & 12: Between 18-27 years.
- For Post no. 7 & 16: Between 18-25 years for.
- For Post no. 18: Between 18-25 years.
- Candidates have to pay the fee of Rs.50/- in the shape of CRFS pasted at the top of the application in the space provided which must be got cancelled from the counter clerk of any post office.
- Women candidates/Scheduled Castes/Scheduled Tribes/PH candidates and Ex-Servicemen are exempted from the fees.
Candidates will be selected on the basis of an Interview/Personality Test/Skill Test.
How to Apply
- Eligible candidates may apply through prescribed application format as available in the website.
- Application Form, duly complete in all respect, along with one recent passport size photograph affixed and one additionally duly attested photograph to be enclosed, attested copies of all relevant certificates/mark sheets, caste certificates (if applicable) should be submitted to the OFFICE OF THE REGIONAL DIRECTOR, STAFF SELECTION COMMISSION (WR), 1ST FLOOR, PRATISHTHA BHAVAN, 101, MK ROAD, MUMBAI, PIN-400020 before 14 August 2014.
- The envelope containing Application Form must be superscribed in bold letters as APPLICATION FOR THE POST OF: ______________________________ CATEGORY NO. WR-_______ ADVERTISEMENT NO: WR/1/2014.