Recently Uttar Pradesh Public Service Commission had notified the vacancies for the UPPCS Exam 2014. The coming months of June, July and August are full of State Preliminary and Main Examinations. In the upcoming Months MPPCS Prelims Exam 2014, UPPCS Prelims Exam 2014, UPPCS Main 2013 Exam will be conducted.
The Candidates should keep in mind the following points for the State PCS Exams.
• The candidates should always study and learn the History Topics as the state PCS exams always ask the History questions in large numbers. The State PCS Exams ask questions focusing on the Ancient and the Medieval History.
• Regarding the Geography Topics the candidates should more focus on the Where and What rather than focusing on why because in State PCS Exams mostly ask about the locations of the Physical features.
• The Candidates should prepare Indian Polity in its Entirety because the questions asked in the State Prelims exams are very tricky in their orientation and most of the times the answer options given are very close.
• The new inclination of the State PCS Exams towards the Environment Topics is giving them more dynamism. The State Prelims Exams ask the basic questions related to the environmental Geo-Chemical processes running continuously in the environment.
• For the Economy Topics the candidates should more focused on the planning process of the past and also the Macro Economic Policies as adopted by the Government of India as well as by the State Government. The candidates can prepare them with the current affairs.
• For the current affairs more emphasis should be paid on the dates, location and names. State PCS Exams are very particular about the date. Some time Launch Date of the Satellite, date of the award ceremony and the likes have been asked.
• One of the most important but ignored section of the Syllabus is the General Science. State PCS Exams ask the basic Science questions of the Higher Secondary level. Any of the standard General Science Book will sufficient from the exam point of view. More importantly the candidates should enquire about the basic science principles behind the gadgets used in the daily life.
The candidates can share there Preparation Related Queries in the IAS/PCS group of Myjosh