CBSE Class 9 Mathematics, Surface Areas and Volumes: Important formulae and questions
In this article you will get CBSE Class 9 Mathematics chapter 13, Surface Areas and Volumes: Important topics & questions to prepare for class 9 Mathematics paper which will be conducetd under the class 9 annual exam 2019. The questions and terms mentioned in this article will surely help to make your preparation easy and organised.
Having an idea about the areas in a subject which need to be learned with more concentration, makes the exam preparations easy and organised. Therefore, before starting revision before the exam, students must have a list of topics/terms which they have to learn in a subject. This will help to take the most of your study time and make you well prepared for the upcoming exam.
In this article, students will get all important terms/formulae and questions from CBSE Class 9th Maths chapter 13, Surface Areas and Volumes. This set of important formulae and questions has been prepared by the subject experts to help class 9 students prepare for Mathematics Exam 2019.
Revise the below given important formulae from the chapter 'Surface Areas & Volumes' and then attempt the Important Questions:
Important Questions are as below:
- A solid cylinder has a total surface area of 213 cm2. Its curved surface area is 2/3 of the total surface area. Find the volume of the cylinder.
- The dimensions of a cuboid are in the ratio 1: 2: 3 and its total surface area is 88 m2. Find the dimensions.
- The radius and height of a cone are in the ratio 4: 3. The area of the base is 154 cm2. Find the area of the curved surface.
- A hemispherical bowl of internal diameter 36 cm contains a liquid. This liquid is to be filled in cylindrical bottles of radius 3 cm and height 6 cm. How many bottles are required to empty the bowl?
- A wooden toy is in the form of a cone surmounted on a hemisphere. The diameter of the base of the cone is 6 cm and its height is 4 cm. Find the cost of painting the toy at the rate of Rs. 5 per 1000 cm2.
- Three cubes of each side 4 cm are joining end to end. Find the surface area of resulting cuboid.
- If the radius of a sphere is doubled, what is the ratio of the volume of the first sphere to that of the second sphere?
Students may also check the following links to explore more stuff, important for CBSE Class 9 Annual exam preparations:
- CBSE Class 9 Maths, Science, English, Hindi and Social Maths Question Papers
- CBSE Class 9 Exam 2019: Examination pattern and question paper design for all subjects
- CBSE Class 9 Mathematics NCERT Exemplar Problems: All Chapters
- CBSE Class 9 Mathematics NCERT Solutions
- NCERT Solutions for CBSE Class 9 Science
- CBSE Class 9 Science NCERT Exemplar Problems: All Chapters
- CBSE Class 9 Syllabus 2018-2019: All Subjects