Completing syllabus, revisions, practice papers and so on.. students appearing for board exams are all gearing up to face the examination. They are following a cycle of preparing themselves to appear for every subject i.e. Understand – Practice – Self Evaluation so that they don’t lose marks in exams. But for ‘writing skills’ section of English and Hindi subject, students need to practice differently because the format is different for questions in this section.
Students may know the marks allotted to essay questions in the writing skills section of the board exams but, they do not know what is the marking scheme for such questions and on what basis the marks are deducted for such questions. So, students need to follow the tips mentioned below so that their marks in essay questions of board exams are not deducted or they get maximum marks in essay questions.
Writing Skills Section of Board Exams includes –
- Designing and drafting posters
- Writing formal and informal invitation letter
- Letters such as formal letter, informal letter, letter to the editor
- Job Application
Tips to get full marks in writing skills questions of board exams –
1. List out all topics mentioned in the syllabus. As you may not be sure about which topic will be asked in writing section of the board exams
2. Check for essay questions asked in the past year question papers of the board exams. If two or three topics are repeatedly asked in the board exams then definitely prepare for these questions.
3. Remember that you will get choice to attempt any one of the given topics from each type of writing skills question
4. To perfect a topic or two for every category, you need to start preparing the similar questions asked in board exams every year.
5. Select a topic from the given options as per the syllabus and as repeatedly asked in board exams
6. Make points what you want to write in the answer to that question
7. Based on these points, start writing the main body of the answer
8. Always remember to write within the word limit given for the particular question as over limiting the answer also leads to deduction of marks
9. Write the answer precisely and neatly i.e. do not drag the topic and put logical words only
10. After writing the main body part, complete the introduction (for speech/debate/essay questions only). And introduction should be catchy and more precise than the body part of the answer
11. Finish with a conclusion for your answer, it helps in ending on a good note and leaves an impression about your answer.
You can follow these tips to prepare for writing skills section of board exams in order to get full marks.
To summarise –
- Pick topics as per the syllabus and past year question papers
- Make points before writing the answer on these topics
- Once finished writing give introduction and conclusion part
- Always remember the word limit