Tamil Nadu Public services Commission invited applications from 2594 temporary doctors who were appointed to the post of the Assistance surgeons, Medical Officers that includes 303 carried forward vacancies in MBC/DC-175, BCM-31, SCA-20, SC-61, ST-16. They can apply to get the regular basis employment. It is a special qualification examination that provides the permanent recruitment to candidates for temporary appointments. The last date for applying for this special examination is 19 July 2013. The exam will be conducted in the Computer Based Test (CBT) method.
Date of Notification: 21 June 2013
Last date of online application: 19 July 2013
Last date for payment of fee: 23 July 2013
Date of examination: 22 September 2013
Date of Main Examination
Paper-I - Medical Science: 22 September 2013 at 10.00 A.M. to 1.00 P.M.
Paper-II – General Studies: 22 September 2013 at 2.30 P.M. to 4.30 P.M.
Pay Scale: Rs.15600-39100/- + G.P. Rs. 5400/- (PB3)
Application Fee: Rs.175/- (Rupees one hundred and seventy five only) to be paid as application fee for all the candidates. (i.e. Cost of Application Rs. 50/- & Examination fee Rs.125/-). However, the candidates claiming the exemption should have to submit only cost of application.
The age of the candidate must not exceed from 35 Years till 1 July 2013.
The candidate should possess MBBS degree from UGC recognized institute or university. Along with the candidate should be a Registered Medical practitioner under the act of the Madras Medical Registration Act, 1914.
How to apply
- The candidates have to visit www.tnpsc.gov.in or www.tnpscexams.net for filling the online application form.
- Click to Apply and select the desired post to fill the form.
- If the candidate has the ID then provide in the box and make changes in the existing form or fill the form to get the ID without skipping any detail
- Upload the picture and the signature by scanning them. Failing in that can lead to rejection of your form.
- Select the mode of payment (Online/Offline)
- Deposit the application fees.
- Take the printout of the application and post it with all mandatory documents to office of Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission.
- Admit cards will not be send by post rather that candidates have to download them from the main website of Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission, www.tnpsc.gov.in.
The only center of examination is Chennai (Code No.001).
The candidates are selected on the basis of their performance in the Written Examination and Oral test. The candidate have to clear written examination to be eligible for Oral test.
For further information about the application process, contact Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission’s Office by telephone no. 044-25300300 or toll-free no. 1800 425 1002 within the working days between 10.00 am and 05.45pm.