Uniform Assessment System replacing CCE in CBSE schools receives mixed reactions

Here, you will get to know everything about the CBSE’s Uniform Assessment System that has been introduced from the new academic session, 2017-2018. Know the reactions of parents and teachers about the new system that has replaced CCE pattern for classes 6 to 9. The change is brought about to lay more emphasis on traditional pen-paper test.

Created On: Apr 18, 2017 11:30 IST

cbse, cbse news, cce pattern, uniform assessment in cbse schoolsCBSE’s decision of scrapping continuous and comprehensive evaluation (CCE) pattern and introducing the uniform system of assessment for classes 6 to 9, will be effective from the current academic session, i.e., year 2017-2018. Now, with the starting of new academic session in most of the CBSE schools, parents are finally getting to know the fresh norms and challenges in the new academic session.

CBSE Class 10 Board Exams will be Mandatory from 2017-18, Major Changes in Assessment Structure

Earlier, under the CCE assessment pattern, students were assessed on four formative assessments and two summative assessments, with 60 per cent of the assessment being based on pen-paper tests while remaining 40 per cent was extracted from continuous evaluation that based on various activities. Whereas, under the new system of assessment more emphasis will be laid upon pen-paper test with two term exams of 80 marks each and 20 marks' periodic assessment in each term with 10 marks for the periodic or unit test, 5 marks for notebook submission and 5 marks for subject enrichment activities.

Parents come ahead reflecting mixed reactions for the new system. Where some parents are unhappy to do away with the activity based evaluation system, a big proportion is happily accepting the change. According to a parent of a CBSE class 9 student, “Bringing in full syllabus would give students a good practice as they will now be examined on the basis of what they have actually learned and written.”

CBSE class 10 students to study whole syllabus from 2017-2018 board exams

According to the principal of a prestigious CBSE school, “The CCE was a skill-set based assessment system which shifted education system form mere pen-paper test to practical learning. It tried to do away with old method where only one exam used to decide the faith of a learner. But under the former CCE system, quite often, many students were just passed even when they couldn’t meet the minimum passing criteria. Hence, to bring back the focussed theory-based learning and infuse a strong education basis into the students, CBSE would have decided to bring in the new uniform system of assessment.”

“Moreover, the new assessment will make parents and students take board exams seriously. In the new system, students will have to study the full course for the final exam. Also, in class 6 they will have to revise 10 per cent of 'term 1' syllabus in 'term 2', which will go upto 20 per cent in class 7, 30 per cent in class 8, and will cover the complete portion in class 9. This will help the students get prepared to deal with the pressure of the boards in the next class,” he added.

You may also like to read:

CBSE mandates two semester system for class 6-8 to bring in uniform test pattern from 2017-2018

CBSE Scarps 41 Academic Electives and Vocational Subjects from Class 12 Curriculum

CBSE will introduce practicals for all subjects of class 11 and class 12

CBSE to scrap grace marks policy; may bring down College Cutoffs

CBSE makes NCERT Books mandatory for Class 1 to 12

Jagran Play
रोमांचक गेम्स खेलें और जीतें एक लाख रुपए तक कैश
ludo_expresssnakes_ladderLudo miniCricket smash
ludo_expresssnakes_ladderLudo miniCricket smash

Related Categories

Comment (0)

Post Comment

9 + 0 =
Disclaimer: Comments will be moderated by Jagranjosh editorial team. Comments that are abusive, personal, incendiary or irrelevant will not be published. Please use a genuine email ID and provide your name, to avoid rejection.