Department of Business Management, University of Calcutta, invited applications for admission to the Programme of Ph.D. in Business Management. Interested and eligible candidates may apply before 15 July 2014.
- Last Date for the Applications to be received by the office: 19 September, 2014
- Date of List of candidates eligible for Written Test will be displayed on the Notice Board of the Department or website: 22 September, 2014
- Date, Time & Venue of Written Test: 27 September, 2014 (at 12.00 noon in the Alipur Campus, University of Calcutta, 1, Reformatory Street, Kolkata –700 027)
- Date of interview: 20 November, 2014 from 11 a.m. onwards and / or 21 November, 2014 from 11 a.m. onwards in the Department.
Name of the course: Ph.D. in Business Management
Candidates need to tentatively choose one broad research interest area from among the following list:
2. Finance & Accounting
3. HR & OB
4. Organizational Strategy
5. OR & Statistics
6. Tourism Studies
7. Public Sector Management 8.Environmental Management
9. Energy Management
10. Services Marketing
Number of seats: 15
- Candidates must have completed their Master’s Degree or equivalent in Business Management/ Human Resources Management/ Commerce/ Social Sciences/ Humanities (excluding Music, Visual Arts, Fine Arts & Dramatics)/ Sciences/ Law/ Library Science/ Technology/ Medicine or allied disciplines, subject to approval of Ph. D. Committee before registration from either University of Calcutta or other UGC recognized Universities/ Institutes.
- Minimum 55% marks in Masters Degree or equivalent is required.
Candidate will be awarded admission seat based on the performance in the written test and Interview.
Written test will be conducted of 100 marks of 3 (three) hours duration. The modules of Test will be 3 (three) namely the following:
I. ‘Quantitative and Logical Reasoning’ with weight of 40%.
II. ‘Analysis of a Business Issue’ with weight of 30%.
III. Two Concept Papers’ (to be selected from the given research themes) with weight of 30%
How to Apply
Down Load the Application Form from the department of the University’s WebSite: www.caluniv.ac.in or www.bmcaluniv.org and submit at the Head’s Office, Department of Business Management, Alipore Campus.