University of Kota was recognised by UGC in 2003 under State Act and offers both undergraduate and post graduate courses. The university presently has 129 affiliated colleges and autonomous departments. It invites applications from the eligible candidate for the admission to the following PhD Programme in Computer Science.
Name of the Course for PhD admission in University of Kota 2013
PhD in Computer Science
Important Dates for PhD admission in University of Kota 2013
- Last date for Submission of filled in application forms: 6 February 2013
- Date for Entrance Test: 27 February 2013 (Administrative Block, University of Kota, Kota, Rajasthan from 1 pm to 3 pm)
Eligibility Criteria for PhD admission in University of Kota 2013
Educational Qualification: Masters degree in the Computer Science/Computer Application/ Information Technology/Computer Science and Engineering or related subject with minimum of 55% marks (5% relaxed for SC/ ST/ PWD) can appear for the entrance test for PhD admission.
However, following candidates will be exempted from the test
- Candidates who have qualified UGC/CSIR NET (JRF), ICSSR, ICPR examination/SET/ GATE (with a valid score)/Teacher Research Fellowship holder
- candidate who has passed M.Phil programme through entrance examination and course work as per the UGC from any recognized university
- A permanent university/college teacher who is appointed by RPSC/duly constituted selection committee, in case of teacher from an affiliated college the appointment must be approved by the university
Selection Procedure for PhD Admission in University of Kota 2013
Candidates will be selected on the basis of an entrance test of 100 marks which will consist of 2 papers (each of 50 marks). A minimum of 40% marks in each paper and minimum 50% marks in aggregate will be required to qualify for admission to PhD programme. However, mere clearing the entrance test will not ensure that the candidate will be registered as PhD student.
Candidates who qualify the entrance test or are exempted from entrance test will have to appear for the interview. The interview will be conducted by Director (Research) wherein the expert panel will discuss the candidate’s research interest.
The syllabus for entrance test will be same as that of Rajasthan SLET/ NET.
How to Apply for PhD Admission in University of Kota 2013
The application forms can be downloaded from the University’s website, filled in and send along with Demand Draft, requisite documents mentioned in the notification should be submitted to the Room No-8, Saraswati Bhawan, MBS Road, Near Kabir Circle, University of Kota, Kota before the last date.
Application Fee: Application fee for applying for the course is Rs 1000 for all Category candidates. The fee needs to be paid in the form of Demand Draft drawn on any nationalised bank drawn in favour of “Registrar, University of Kota, Kota” payable at Kota.
For further details, please CLICK HERE