Previous Year Question Paper of UPPCS Main Exam is the key to unlock the Question Paper Pattern of PCS exam. UPPCS Questions have a definite pattern which they follow each year and the candidates need to solve these question papers which can help them to score the repetitive questions in the PCS Exam. Here is the UPPCS Main 2015 General Studies I Question Paper.
Here is the General Studies First Paper of UPPCS Mains Examination 2015:
U.P.P.C.S. (Main) Examination - 2015
1. Which one of the following countries ranked first in the environmental democracy index development by WRA in 2015?
2. Which one of the following is the first state to issue Soil Health Card to farmers?
3. In which of the following cities did ICICI open its first branch of China?
4. Who won the Rome Master’s (2015) women’s singles title?
(a) Carla Suarez Navarro
(b) Maria Sharapova
(c) Serena Williams
(d) D. Gavrilova
5. The world’s first referendum on same sex marriage was held in
6. The book “The Lives of Others” has been written by
(a) Arvind Adiga
(b) Shayantani Ghose
(c) Amitav Ghose
(d) Neel Mukherjee
7. Who amongst the following is the first woman of Asian origin to be elected as a Mayor in U.K?
(a) Vanita Agrawal
(b) Shakila Kasu
(c) Violet Robinson
(d) Harbhajan Kaur Dheer
8. Who amongst the following has been given the Yash Bharti Award 2014-15 by U.P. Government for women’s wrestling?
(a) Shital Tomar
(b) Gargi yadav
(c) Alka Tomar
(d) Poonam Yadav
9. Who among the following has been appointed as the Director General of DRDO in May 2015?
(a) G.S. Reddy
(b) Arvind Subrumaniam
(c) Selvin Christopher
(d) K N. Shankara
10. Which of the following states has launched ‘Aahar Yojana’ in April 2015 for provide food at cheap rates to city poor?
(b) Utter Pradesh
(c) Madhya Pradesh
11. Dr. B. R. Ambedkar’s 125th birth anniversary will be observed in
12. Dadri, Chunar, Churk and Dalla, all have factories producing:
13. Which of the following has recently been declared as: ‘Tiger Reserve’?
(a) Balphakram National Park
(b) Rajaji National Park
(c) Betla National park
(d) Kaziranga National Park
14. Who has written the book ‘Gods of Corruption’ published recently’?
(a) Promila Shankar
(b) Chitra Mudgal
(c) Manjulika Guatam
(d) Sudha Pai
15. From which of the following cities has the programme ‘Visit India Year in China’ started?
16. Indian Grass and Fodder Research Institute is located at
17. Rainfed Area Development Programme (RADP) was launched by the Department of Agriculture and Cooperation Government of India in the year
18. Which of the following has the highest export from India?
(a) Agriculture and allied products
(b) Engineering goods
(d) Chemical and related product
19. Where is Central Research Institute for Dry-land Agriculture (CRIDA) is located?
(c) New Delhi
20. ‘Mahi Sugandha’ is a variety of
21. Which one of the following is a hybrid variety of Basmati rice?
(a) Pusa RH-10
(b) Pusa Sugandh-3
(c) Pusa Basmati-1
(d) Pusa Sugandh-5
22. “Ganga Varanasi” is a variety of
23. The present Director General of ICAR, New Delhi is
(a) Dr. R.S. Paroda
(b) Dr. S. Ayyappan
(c) Dr. V.L. Chopra
(d) Dr. Mangla Rai
24. Raj 3077 is a variety of
25. Indian Institute of Pulses Research is located at
26. In which of the following states, the productivity of rice is the highest?
(d) None of the above
27. Rice originated in
(b) South-East Asia
(c) South America
(d) None of the above
28. The most popular fertilizer for foliar application is
(a) Sodium Nitrate
(b) Ammonium Chloride
29. The most suitable crop for green manuring is
30. During 2011-12 the value of India’s external trade was more than
(a) 10,200 crore
(b) 10,300 crore
(c) 91,000 crore
(d) 1, 01,000 crore
31. Who has written ‘The History of Indian Agriculture’?
(a) M.S. Swaminathan
(b) S. Ayyapan
(c) K.B. Thomas
(d) M.S. Randhawa
32. Who has been appointed as the first President of The New Development Bank (BRICS Bank)?
(a) Jiji Menon
(b) Deepak Parikh
(c) K.V. Kamath
(d) Chanda Kochar
33. The World Trade Organization (WTO) is located at
(a) New York
34. Which of the following countries has the highest productivity of rice?
35. The plan period of Eleventh Five Year Plan was
(c) 2006- 11
(d) 2007- 12
36. The first state which adopted the training and visit system of agricultural expansion was
(b) Uttar Pradesh
(d) Andhra Pradesh
37. The policy regarding Special Economic Zones (SEZ) was announced in
(a) April, 2000
(b) April, 2001
(c) April, 2002
(d) April, 2003
38. Which of the following wheat varieties has been developed through induced mutation?
(a) Kalyan Sona
(c) Sharbati Sonara
39. U.P. Council of Sugarcane Research is located at
40. National Botanical Research Institute is located at
41. As on date, how many women have been the Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh?
42. With which one of the following states, Uttar Pradesh does not share its border?
(d) None of the above
43. The biggest source of irrigation in U.P. is
44. The headquarters of Gautam Buddha Nagar district is at
(a) Greater Noida
(c) Ramabai Nagar
45. The first Speaker of U.P. Legislative Assembly was
(a) Madan Mohan Verma
(b) Purshottam Das Tandon
(c) Atmaram Govind Kheir
(d) Nafisul Hasan
46. North-Central Zonal Cultural Centre is located at
47. In which of the following places, Shakambhari Devi Mela is organized?
48. Alfred Park at Allahabad has been renamed after
(a) Bhagat Singh
(b) Chandra Shekhar Azad
(c) Subhash Chandra Bose
(d) Motilal Nehru
49. The famous Bharatmata Mandir is located at
50. Which one of the following classical dance forms is associated with Uttar Pradesh?
51. Uttar Pradesh Urdu Akademi was established in the year
52. How many Universities in Uttar Pradesh have been named after Dr. B.R. Ambedkar?
53. ‘Kalyan’ magazine is published from
54. In which year ‘Uttar Pradesh Khadi Gramodyog Board’ was established?
55. The Planetarium, named after Dr. Bhim Rao Ambedkar, is located at
56. ‘The Kisan Bahi Yojana’ was introduced in UP. in the year
57. The Institute of Paper Technology is located at
58. Which of the following has a Science City?
59. King Kharvela of Kalinga belonged to which dynasty?
60. Where did Buddha reside during the last rainy season of his life?
61. The town of Kalpi is situated on the bank of river
62. Ashokaram monastery was situated at
63. How many Tarangas are in Rajtarangini of Kalhana?
64. Who was the founder of Pala dynasty?
65. The seven Ratha Temple of Mahabalipuram was built by
(b) Narsimhan Varman
(c) Parmeshwar Varman
(d) Nandi Varman
66. Sher Shah was buried at
67. Babar assumed the title of ‘Padshah’ first at
68. The famous diamond ‘Kohinoor’ was presented to Shahjahan by
(c) Mir Jumla
(d) Abul Hasan Qutubshah
69. Who among the following translated Ramayana into Persian language?
(a) Mulla Sheri
(b) Abul Fazl
(d) Abdul Qadir Badayuni
70. Who among the following composed poems with the pen-name ‘Gulrukhi’?
(a) Firoz Shah Tughlaq
(b) Bahlol Lodi
(c) Sikandar Lodi
(d) Ibrahim Lodi
71. Who of the following was not a member of Noorjahan’s junhi?
(b) Ghiyas Beg
(c) Asaf Khan
72. Who was the ‘Poet-laureate’ of Shahjahan’s reign?
73. In the battle of Wandhiwash (1760)
(a) French defeated British
(b) British defeated Dutch
(c) British defeated French
(d) Dutch defeated British
74. When was Shivaji born and when did he assume the title of Chhatrapati?
(a) 1626, 1675
(b) 1625, 1671
(c) 1627, 1661
(d) 1627, 1674
75. When was Peshwaship abolished?
(a) In 1858
(b) In 1818
(c) In 1861
(d) In 1802
76. By which Act the Board of Control came into existence?
(a) Regulating Act, 1773
(b) Act of Settlement, 1781
(c) Charter Act, 1813
(d) Pitt’s India Act, 1784
77. Who was the author of the play ‘Nil Darpan’?
(a) Tara Nath Bandopadhyay
(b) Tara Nath Ghosh
(c) Dinabandhu Mitra
(d) Bankim Chandra Chatterjee
78. Who termed the uprising of 1857 as the first war of independence?
(a) V.A. Smith
(b) P.E. Roberts
(c) V. D. Savarkar
(d) All of the above
79. Who emerged victorious in the first Anglo-Mysore War (1766-69)?
(b) Haider Ali
(d) Nizam of Hyderabad
80. The monopoly of the East India Company in India’s trade was abolished in
81. Sindh was annexed by the British in
82. The Indian Famine Code, 1883 was prepared by
(a) Hunter Commission
(b) Hartog Commission
(c) Strachey Commission
(d) Indigo Commission
83. Which one of the following centres of the uprising of 1857 was recaptured by the English?
84. Who among the following was government advocate in Kakori Conspiracy Case?
(a) Mohan Lai Saxena
(b) Jagat Narain Mulla
(c) Krishna Bahadur
(d) Prabhat Chandra
85. Mahatma Gandhi delivered his first public speech in India at
86. Which of the following is not correctly matched?
(a) Moplah revolt - Kerala
(b) Kuka revolt - Punjab
(c) Koli revolt - Gujarat
(d) Chuar revolt - Madhya Pradesh
87. In which of the following prison Pt. Ram Prasad Bismal was hanged?
88. Who among the following said “Swaraj is our birth right”?
(a) M. K. Gandhi
(b) G K. Gokhale
(c) B. G. Tilak
(d) Dada Bhai Naoroji
89. Who amongst the following coined the word ‘Satyagraha’?
(a) Harilal Gandhi
(b) Mahatma Gandhi
(c) Ramdas Gandhi
(d) Manilal Gandhi
90. On which of the following railway stations of South Africa, Mahatma Gandhi was thrown out of the train?
91. Who amongst the following headed the 1946 Cabinet Mission?
(a) Hugh Gaitskell
(b) Sir John Simon
(c) Sir Pethic Lawrence
(d) None of the above
92. Who amongst the following was the first Chairman of the Gadar Party?
(a) Lala Herdayal
(b) Sohan Singh Bhakna
(c) Keshar Singh
(d) Pandit Kashi Ram
93. Who among the following was the President of the Indian National Congress on 15th August, 1947?
(a) Rajendra Prasad
(b) Jawaharlal Nehru
(c) J. B. Kripalani
(d) Sardar Patel
94. Who amongst the following American was with Mahatma Gandhi during his ‘Dandi March’?
(a) H. N. Brailsford
(b) Webb Miller
(c) G Slocomba
(d) James Patterson
95. Who amongst the following was the leader of the 1857 uprising at Allahabad?
(a) Nana Saheb
(c) Tantia Tope
(d) Maulvi Liyaqat Ali
96. In which of the following sessions of Muslim League, M. A. Jinnah putforth his 14 point proposal?
97. Who amongst the following presided over the All parties Muslim Conference held at Delhi on 31th December, 1928?
(a) Aga Khan
(b) M. A. Jinnah
(c) Faizli Hussain
(d) Karim Jalal
98. In which of the following sessions of Indian National Congress, Jawaharlal Nehru spoke of socialism as the key to the solution of India’s problems?
99. Who headed the Boundary Commission appointed in 1947 in the context of India’s partition?
(c) James Bolt
100. Who was the editor of the revolutionary paper ‘Bande Mataram’?
(a) Shyamji Krishna Verma
(b) Bhikaji Cama
(c) V. D. Savarkar
(d) G. D. Savarkar
101. Which one of the following is not correctly matched?
(a) Chang La - Jammu & Kashmir
(b) Rohtang - Himachal Pradesh
(c) Bomdi La - Arunachal Pradesh
(d) Se La - Uttarakhand
102. Which one of the following is not correctly matched?
(a) Kolkota - Hugh region - Titagarh
(b) Chhota Nagpur region - Shivkashi
(c) Mumbai - Pune region - Ambernath
(d) Ahmedabad - Vadodara region - Bharuch
103. Which one of the following is the correct height of Kunchikal Waterfall?
(a) 335 metre
(b) 337 metre
(c) 399 metre
(d) 455 metre
104. Which one of the following is called the ‘mystery lake’?
(a) Jor Pokhri Lake
(b) Dodttal Lake
(c) Roopkund Lake
(d) Red Hills Lake
105. In which of the following census decades India registered the lowest percentage change in population?
(a) 1971 - 1981
(b) 1981 - 1991
(c) 1991 -2001
(d) 2001 -2011
106. The South Indian temple of Lord Ranganatha (also Known as Lord Venkatesha) is located on
(a) Biligiri Ranga hills
(b) Thirumala hills
(c) Nandi hills
(d) Chamundi hills
107. Kuttanad (or Kuttanadu) of Kerala is famous for
(a) A fresh water lake
(b) The region with the lowest altitude in India
(c) A coral island
(d) The western most point of India
108. In which of the following decades the population growth rate in India was the highest?
(a) 1901- 1911
(b) 1961 - 1971
(c) 2001 -2011
(d) 1981 - 1991
109. Select the correct answer from the code given below in terms of the population (2011) of the following urban centres in descending order :
110. Which one of the following lies at the junction of Karnataka, Kerala and Tamil Nadu states?
(a) Anaimalai hills
(b) Palni hills
(c) Nandi hills
(d) Nilgiri hills
111. In which of the following states, the percentage of total cropped area under irrigation (2011) is the highest?
(a) Madhya Pradesh
(c) Uttar Pradesh
112. Which one of the following groups of states borders the state of Telangana?
(a) Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, Maharashtra, Chhattisgarh.
(b) Karnataka, Maharashtra, M. P., Andhra Pradesh.
(c) Andhra Pradesh, Chhattisgarh, Karnataka, Jharkhand.
(d) Chhattisgarh, Karnataka, Maharashtra, M. P.
113. Which one of the following states does not lie along Patkoi hills?
114. Which one of the following is not correctly matched?
(a) Mormugao - Goa
(b) Paradeep - Odisha
(c) Mangalore - Karnataka
(d) Mundra - Andhra Pradesh
115. Which of the following hills marks the confluence of the Eastern ghats and the Western ghats?
(a) Anaimalai hills
(b) Ashoubu hills
(c) Biligiri ranga hills
(d) Cardamom hills
116. Select from the code given below the correct locational sequence of the following hills proceeding from South to North.
1. Satmala hills
2. Kaimur hills
3. Pir Panjal range
4. Naga hills
117. Which of the following is a Ramsar site under Ramsar Convention?
(a) Godawari delta
(b) Krishna delta
(d) Bhoj wetland
118. The correct sequence of the following districts in terms of their Geographical area in ascending order is
(a) Barabanki, Gautam Buddha Nagar. Mirzapur, Sonbhadra.
(b) Mirzapur, Sonbhadra, Barabanki, Gautam Buddha Nagar.
(c) Gautam Buddha Nagar. Barabanki, Mirzapur, Nrabi
(d) Sonbhadra. Mirzapur. Gautam Buddha Nagar, Barabanki.
119. What is the correct sequence of the following rail tunnels by length in descending order?
(a) Pir Panjal Karbude, Nathuwadi, Berdewadi.
(b) Karbude. Pir Panjal. Nathuwadi, Berdewadi.
(c) Berdewadi, Nathuwadi. Pir Panjal Karbude.
(d) Nathuwadi, Berdewadi, Karbude, Pir Panjal.
120. Which one of the following is not correctly matched?
(a) Kaiga - Karnataka
(b) Rawat Bhata - Rajasthan
(c) Muppandal - Tamil Nadu
(d) Ennore - Meghalaya
121. Sonbhadra district is touched by
(a) Boundaries of two states
(b) Boundaries of three states
(c) Boundaries of four states
(d) Boundaries of five states
122. From the code given below select the correct sequence of the following continents in terms of their area in descending order :
4. South America
123. Which one of the following is not correctly matched?
(a) Radcliffe line - India and Pakistan
(b) Maginot line - France and Germany
(c) Duranti line - Bangladesh and India
(d) Hindenburg line - Belgium and Germany
124. Which one of the following scheduled tribes observe Deepawali as a sad day?
125. Who had suggested that shifting Earth on its axis is one of the climatic change?
(a) Robert Hooke
(b) Milutin Mialn Kolich
(c) George Simpson
(d) T. C. Chamberlain
126. Match List -I and List - II and select correct answer from the code given below:
List -1 List - II
A. Mount Kinabalu 1. Argentina
B. Elburz 2. Malaysia
C. Aconcagua 3. Tanzania
D. Kilimanjaro 4. Iran
A B C D
(a) 1 4 2 3
(b) 3 2 1 4
(c) 2 4 3 1
(d) 2 4 1 3
127. Which one of the following is the largest in area?
(a) New Zealand North Island
(b) New Found land
(c) New Zealand South Island
128. Which one of the following seas is the deepest?
(a) South China Sea
(b) Bering Sea
(c) Mediterranean Sea
(d) Japan Sea
129. According to United Nations Statistics 2012, which one of the following has the largest population?
(a) Marshall Island
(c) St. Kitts
130. Which one of the following is called the ‘Sugar bowl’ of the world?
(b) Hawaii Island
131. Which one of the following continents has the largest number of countries?
(d) South America
132. The glacial lake Itasca is the source of river
(c) Rio Grande
(d) Red river
133. Which of the following states of U. S. A. grows Coffee?
134. Which of the following lakes lies entirely in the U. S. A.?
(a) Lake Michigan
(b) Lake Huton
(c) Lake Superior
(d) Lake Erie
135. Dasht-e-Lut is located in
136. Which one of the following is not correctly matched?
(a) Prairies - North America
(b) pampas - South America
(c) Steppes - Europe
(d) Veld - Australia
137. El-Nino develops in the
(a) Pacific ocean
(b) Indian ocean
(c) Mediterranean ocean
(d) Atlantic ocean
138. Which one of the following is not correctly matched?
(a) Khartoum - Nile
(b) New York - Hudson
(c) Berlin - Spree
(d) Sidney - Seine
139. Which one of the following is the deepest oceanic trench?
(c) Puerto Rico
140. Which of the following is called the ‘land of one thousand lakes’?
141. Which one of the following is known as the ‘Sea of mountains’?
(b) British Columbia
(c) West Coast of South America
(d) South-East Asia
142. How many times have Mumbai Indians been crowned as IPL champions?
143. Where was the epicentre of the Earthquake which hit Nepal on 25th April, 2015?
144. Which one of the following countries has arrived at an agreement in April 2015 to supply 110 fighter jets to Pakistan?
145. According to United Nations ‘World Happiness Report 2015’ which is the country with the highest level of happiness?
(b) New Zealand
146. According to United Nations ‘World Happiness Report 2015’ what is the rank of India?
147. Which one of the following is the first woman Judge of Sikkim High Court?
(a) Meenakshi Madan Rai
(b) Shivani Rai
(c) Rohani Rai
(d) Mitali Rai
148. Whom did Carolina Marin defeat in the women’s single’s final of Malaysian Open Badminton Tournament 2015?
(a) Saina Nehwal
(b) Wang Shixia
(c) Li Xuerui
(d) Luo Ying
149. Abd Rabbuh Mansur Hadi, who has been in the news since January 2015 was the President of
150. “Maglev” is
(a) a super computer
(b) the fastest commercial train presently running in the world
(c) a Japanese spy satellite
(d) a high speed car