UPPCS Prelims 2015 : Tips and Strategy
This article provides important points that candidates should keep in mind while preparing for UPPCS Prelims Exam 2015
Uttar Pradesh Public Service Commission (UPPSC) on 28 January 2015 notified for the Combined State/Upper Subordinate Services Examination-2015, popularly called as UPPCS Exam 2015. The UPPCS Prelims Exam 2015 will be conducted on 29 March 2015 as per the notification issued by UPPSC.
Candidates should keep in mind the following points while preparing for UPPCS Prelims Exam 2015:
1. Reading and understanding the Syllabus for UPPCS Prelims Exam 2015 is the key to qualify UPPCS Prelims Exam. Simultaneously, analysing different sections of the syllabus is necessary to fully understand the requirements of the UPPCS Prelims Exam.
2. Go through previous year papers of UPPCS Prelims Exam to comprehend the nature, quality and difficulty of questions. It is necessary to know the nature of questions asked so as to keep the preparation on track and avoid irrelevant topics and items.
3. Choose a single textbook for each section and read it multiple times instead of reading multiple books. It will help you to revise as well as recall during the examination what you have studied.
4. Try to make crisp notes while reading. But make it as short as possible. Don’t make notes of whole syllabus as it would be burdensome. Notes should be made of only those topics which are difficult or which candidate is not able to remember. Underline important points in books so that it can be revised later.
5. For current affairs news, read one newspaper daily and note down important points of current news and happenings. Analysis of previous year papers would help candidates know about the important items that need to be covered from newspapers and magzines. If you have not covered newspapers of past 6 months then try to cover it through magazines of past six months. Jagranjosh.com’s magazine would be sufficient for this purpose.
6. In UPPCS Prelims Exam, State related questions can be prepared by reading any one standard book related to Uttar Pradesh. There are a number of books available in the market for this. Uttar Pradesh related questions should also be prepared from previous year question papers.
7. Practice as many objective questions as you can from previous year question papers and other practice papers. This is significant as it helps candidates to revise as well as cover many left-out topics. Study Material for IAS Prelims Exam will also be useful for the UPPCS Prelims Exam.
8. Regularly revise what you have read. Revision should be a part of daily routine.
9. Last but not the least; make a study plan with daily, weekly and monthly objectives. Try to stick to the plan as much as possible.
10. Don’t waste your time and try to utilize it as much as possible.