Visakhapatnam Port Trust invited applications for recruitment to the post of Trade Apprentices under Apprenticeship Act 1961 in various designated trades in the Mechanical & Electrical Engineering Department. The candidates eligible for the post can apply through prescribed format before 17 November 2014. Visakhapatnam Port is one of 13 major ports in India and the only major port of Andhra Pradesh. It is India's second largest port by volume of cargo handled. It is located on the east coast of India and is located midway between the Chennai and Kolkata Ports.
Last Date for Receipt of Applications forms: 17 November 2014
Details of the Posts
Name of the Post: Trade Apprentices
Name of the Trades:
- Welder: 9 Posts
- Electrician: 12 Posts
- Fitter: 21 Posts
- Mechanic (Motor Vehicle): 3 Posts
- Carpenter: 3 Posts
- Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Mechanic: 1 Post
- Electronics Mechanic: 5 Posts
- Turner: 4 Posts
Total No. of Vacancies: 58
- Welder: ITI passed in Welder Trade.
- Electrician: ITI passed in Electrician Trade.
- Fitter: ITI passed in Fitter Trade.
- Mechanic (Motor Vehicle): ITI passed in Mechanic (Motor Vehicle) trade.
- Carpenter: ITI passed in Carpenter trade.
- Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Mechanic: ITI passed in Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Mechanic trade.
- Electronics Mechanic: ITI passed in Electronics Mechanic trade.
- Turner: ITI passed in Turner trade.
Age Limit: Candidate’s age should not less than 14 years as on 31 October 2014.
How to Apply
- Candidates have to apply in prescribed format as available in the notification/website.
- Application Form, duly complete in all respect along with latest passport size photo and necessary certificates duly attested by a Gazetted Officer shall be submitted to the Chief Mechanical Engineer, Visakhapatnam Port Trust, Visakhapatnam-530 035 either by post or in person on or before 17 November 2014.
- Candidates should mention “Application for the post of ___________" on the envelope in which the form would be sent.