West Bengal Public Service Commission (WBPSC) invited applications for recruitment of 12 Assistant Professor Vacancies in various subjects for General Degree College. The candidates eligible for the post can apply through prescribed format before 18 March 2014.
Last Date for receipt of Application Forms: 18 March 2014
Details of Post
Name of the Post: Assistant Professor
Name of the Subject:
- Bengali: 2
- English: 2
- Hindi: 2
- History: 2
- Philosophy: 2
- Political Science: 2
Total No. of Posts: 12 Posts
Age Limit: Candidates upper age limit should not exceed 37 years as on 1 January 2014.
Good academic record with minimum 55% marks or an equivalent grade of B in 7 point scale wherever grading system is followed at the Master Degree level in a relevant subject from an Indian University or an equivalent Degree from an accredited foreign University.
- General and OBC Category Candidates are required to pay Rs.210/- only by Indian Postal Order in favor of Secretary, Public Service Commission, West Bengal.
- Candidates belonging to S.C. /S.T. of West Bengal and Persons with Disabilities need not to pay any fee.
Pay Scale: Rs.15600 to 39100/- + Grade Pay Rs.6000/-.
Selection can be done on the basis of performance in Screening Test/Written Test and interview.
How to Apply
- Candidates may apply through prescribed application format.
- Fill it with given mandatory details, affix recent passport size photograph and send it, along with self attested copies of madhyamik or equivalent, SC/ST/OBC certificates, mark sheets and certificates of each examination passes, experience certificate etc, two self-addressed unstamped envelopes and one self-addressed post card and application fee receipt with super scribed on the envelop: Application for the post of ____________________________.
- Applications should be sent strictly by registered or speed post or under certificate of posting to the Secretary, Public Service Commission, West Bengal, 161-A, S.P. Mukherjee Road, Kolkata – 700 026 before 18 March 2014.