Probationary Officer (PO) in the banking sector is a reputable officer level post that offers a varied range of work that is needed to be carried out. The ability of a probationary officer decides the success of any particular branch of a bank, as they handle most of the business of the bank. The probationary officer is also responsible for the expansion of business for the bank they are working for. Hence, the position itself is quite demanding and requires focus from the candidates and vision to move forward in the direction so that the bank could get benefited.
But, apart from the performance to boost the status of the banks, the probationary officers derive happiness from within the work they do for the benefit of people. The probationary officers often need to intervene into matters related to loans and repayment of loans, in order to make the customers of the bank satisfied.
Job Satisfaction as Bank PO
- Providing help to the needy customers: There are people who come in dire need to the banks. The probationary officers are responsible to analyze their situation and decide on whether to help such customers or not. Many times the customers come in for a personal loan for medical emergencies and it’s the job of the probationary officer that push the loan files forward. Helping people in need gives immense satisfaction to the probationary officers apart from their usual day-to-day delivery of responsibilities in their respective branches.
- Helping students and home-seekers fulfilling their dreams: The probationary officers are also responsible for sanctioning and probing education and house loans for the customers in need. The probationary officers often find it very comforting to know that it’s because of their societal position, they could help a student fulfill his/her dream through getting the adequate higher education of their choices. People give blessings to the bank authorities once they get possession of their new house or a new car with help from the bank loan, sanctioned by the authorities.
- Helping new business to grow from scratch: It is part of the Probationary Officer’s job to provide loans to emerging businessmen in order to help them establish their own business. They feel the privilege of helping a person with sanctioning their loans by looking at the potential of the business and agreeing to invest bank’s money to it. The successful businesses provide great happiness to the officers, as they feel themselves a part of the business giving credit to their vision about the business they have invested upon.
- Interacting with new people and knowing their needs: Every person has a story to tell and the probationary officer gets a thousand of those in their regular office hours. The stories move and help them know more people closely and form a relationship that lasts really long in some cases. Helping them, knowing their requirements and needs give utmost please to the officers and makes them feel worthy of being in the position so that they can help.
- Help making a better society: The bank probationary officers are often given the responsibility to look after projects and loans that are pitched for the betterment of small towns and villages. They feel their duty towards the society and try to help to make a better society by being a part of it and take the schemes by its merit, in order to pass the loans. They feel connected to the growth of a particular place and derive satisfaction from it.
The bank PO position is one of a socially recognized post in the banking sector and they receive quite a love and respect from the people around them. They tend to share their problems with the bank PO and look for solutions in terms of banking guidelines. Peoples usually like to take advice from the probationary officers on any financial matters and major economic decisions. This affection and belief makes the bank PO job really satisfying, giving an impression of doing something good for the society at large.