The India football team on 27 August 2017 defeated Nepal 2-1 to win the South Asian Football Federation (SAFF) Under-15 Championship at the ANFA Complex, Satdobato in Nepal.
Bangladesh and Bhutan captured third and fourth place in the tournament, respectively.
Bangladesh’s Foysal Ahmed (6 goals) was declared the top scorer of the tournament while India’s Vikram Pratap Singh was chosen as the Best Player of the tournament. Bangladesh was bestowed with the Fair Play Award.
About SAFF U-15 Championship
• The SAFF U-15 Championship is an international football competition contested by the national teams of the members of the South Asian Football Federation.
• The first edition of the tournament took place in Nepal in August 2011.
• The tournament was previously known as the SAFF U-16 Championship.
• Since most teams use to send their U-15 team, the tournament’s name was officially changed to U-15 tournament.
• The 2017 SAFF U-15 Championship was the 4th edition of the tournament.
When: 27 August 2017
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.
President Ram Nath Kovind’s visit to Cyprus: Key Highlights
India records best-ever performance at Asian Games 2018: In Detail
Indus Waters Treaty: India, Pakistan agree to undertake Treaty mandated tours on both sides
Vodafone-Idea merger completed; creating India’s largest telecom service provider