The Minister of State for AYUSH (Independent Charge), Shripad Yesso Naik inaugurated the second National Health Editors' Conference on Yoga on 9 June 2017 at the National Media Centre in New Delhi.
The conference is being organized by the Ministry of AYUSH in association with Press Information Bureau (PIB), Ministry of Information & Broadcasting and Central Council for Research in Yoga and Naturopathy (M/o AYUSH) as a part of celebrations of the 3rd International Day of Yoga on 21 June 2017.
• The theme of this year’s conference is “Yoga for Health and Harmony”.
• The main aim of the conference is to give insight to the journalists about the scientific aspects of yoga and its health benefits.
• The event is expected to witness participation from over 150 Health editors and media persons from National, Regional and International media organizations.
• Senior officers of PIB and Ministry of AYUSH will also be present on the occasion.
• Eminent experts of yoga and modern medicine will be presenting highlights from recent research works on aspects of yoga.
• The workshop will also include short yoga demonstration as well as experience sharing by people who have been benefited by Yoga.
• The journalists will be given the opportunity to interact with the Yoga experts during the question and answer sessions.
The Conference is being live streamed on PIB’s website and has also be made available on its various social media accounts including Facebook, Youtube and Twitter.
The first National Health Editors’ Conference on Yoga was organized by Ministry of AYUSH and PIB in 2016.
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.