Rajasthan Government on 20 November 2015 signed 295 MoUs attracting about 3.3 lakh crore rupees investment during the Resurgent Partnership Summit 2015. With this, a task force will be formed to get the projects implemented in a time-bound manner.
Highlights of the MoUs
• It aims to provide around 239694 lakh jobs in the state.
• The Energy sector got MoUs worth 190000 crore rupees followed by Petroleum with 77657 crore rupees worth MoUs.
• Infrastructure got MoUs worth 17038 crore rupees while Manufacturing sector of the state fetched MoUs worth 11760 crore rupees.
• Roads and Highways fetched 10000 crore rupees MoUs.
• Tourism was allotted with 5783 crore rupees MoUs, Medical and Health with 4752 crore rupees MoUs, Agriculture with 2402 crore rupees and Education got 1807 crore rupees MoUs.
• Besides, award of sanctions in roads and highways got MoUs worth 25446 crore rupees.
Investment committed by the industrialists
• Adani Group Chief Gautam Adani announced to investing 10000 crore rupees in the state over the next four years.
• Aditya Birla Group Chairman Kumar Mangalam Birla committed to invest 7000 crore rupees in the cement sector.
• Anil Ambani-led Reliance Group announced plans of 6000 crore rupees investment in the solar sector.
• Hero Motocorp Chairman Pawan Munjal announced to set up state of the art R&D centre in Jaipur besides pledging further investment in solar energy.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.