Haryana Cabinet on 14 February 2017 constituted a sub-committee of council of ministers. The committee will prepare a blueprint for developing Integrated Dairy Complexes in all cities of the State.
The decision to constitute the committee was taken at a cabinet meet chaired by Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar. It has been asked to submit its report within a month.
Members of the committee are
• Agriculture Minister Om Parkash Dhankhar
• Urban Local Bodies Minister Kavita Jain
• Minister of State for Cooperation Munish Kumar Grover
Besides, the state cabinet also directed the Town and Planning Department that in the development plans of towns some area is earmarked around the towns where dairy, fodder and vegetable market could be set up. As per reports, these units will be known as integrated dairying complex.
In addition to this, to implement the Transit Oriented Development (TOD) policy, the cabinet also approved a proposal of the Town and Country Department. The proposal seeks to amend the draft on the basis of suggestions received from public published on 15 July 2016. The TOD policy will be implemented in areas adjacent to six metros of Haryana. The amended policy will become applicable with immediate effect.
Suggested amendment includes
• In cases where an individual applies for a licence in an institutional area in the TOD zone will have to transfer an equal area of land in a residential zone in the same development plan to the government. This transfer will be done under the Transferable Development Rights (TDR) policy.
• This land will be used by the government to set up institutions like hospitals, colleges, fire stations, police stations and power stations.
Under clause 7 of the Planning Parameter of Ground Coverage or FAR, the minimum area norm for the independent group housing colonies within the TOD zone (hyper/high potential zones) will be 4 acres instead of prevailing norm of 10 acres. On the other hand, this minimum area norm for another category of colonies will remain unaltered.
Benefit of the amendment
This amendment will help the government in implement the policy for Innovative Financing of Mass Rapid Transit System (MRTS) projects.
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.