Top Current Affairs Quiz: 16 January 2019
The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh aims to help every competitive exam aspirant to revise the day at ease. The day’s updated quizzes cover topics such as Vibrant Gujarat Global Summit, 9th International Micro irrigation conference and new chair of G77 among others.
16 January 2019: The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh aims to help every competitive exam aspirant to revise the day at ease. The day’s updated quizzes cover topics such as Vibrant Gujarat Global Summit, 9th International Micro irrigation conference and new chair of G77 among others.
1. Which state has launched Rs 50,000 cr farm debt-waiver scheme?
c) Madhya Pradesh
2. The Indian Council of Agricultural Research signed a MoU for promotion of agricultural biotechnology research and education with which of the following government departments?
a) Department of Agriculture and Co-operation
b) Department of Chemicals and Petrochemicals
c) Department of Fertilizers
d) Department of Biotechnology
3. Which country has changed its name to North Macedonia?
4. The Union Human Resource Ministry is planning to introduce 10 per cent EWS reservation quota from which academic year?
5. Which among the following countries has become the new chair of G77, UN’s largest intergovernmental organisation of developing countries?
d) South Africa
6. Who was elected as the Rajasthan Assembly Speaker recently?
a) CP Joshi
b) Gulab Chand Katariya
c) Nitishwara Kumar
d) Hemaram Choudhary
7. 9th International Micro irrigation conference began in which city recently?
8. Prime Minister Narendra Modi will inaugurate which edition of the Vibrant Gujarat Global Summit on January 18, 2019?
9. The Ministry of Finance constituted a Group of Ministers (GoM) for boosting which sector under the GST regime?
a) MSME Sector
b) Agriculture Sector
c) Infrastructure Sector
d) Real Estate Sector
10. Which state is leading in the Medal tally of Khelo India Youth Games 2019 with 177 Medals as on January 16, 2019?
1. (c) Madhya Pradesh
In Madhya Pradesh, Chief Minister Kamal Nath launched the Rs 50,000-crore farm debt-waiver scheme named 'Jai Kisan Rin Mukti Yojana' on January 15, 2019. Hailing the scheme as a milestone, Nath said that it would benefit 55 lakh small and marginal farmers. The state cabinet gave its nod to waive crop loans of 55 lakh farmers on January 5.
2. (d) Department of Biotechnology
The Department of Biotechnology and the Indian Council of Agricultural Research have signed a Memorandum of Understanding to increase emphasis on multi-disciplinary research and development activities and nurturing innovations in agricultural biotechnology research and education.
3. (b) Macedonia
The parliamentarians of the Republic of Macedonia voted on January 11, 2019 to change their country’s name to the “Republic of North Macedonia”. The move now awaits approval from the Greece Parliament. It results from a longstanding dispute between the two countries, because a region of Greece bordering the Macedonian republic is also called Macedonia.
4. (a) 2019-20
Union HRD Minister Prakash Javadekar while addressing a press conference in New Delhi on January 15, 2019, informed that in a landmark decision, the Government has decided that 10 percent Economically Weaker Section (EWS) quota will be implemented across 40, 000 colleges and 900 Universities in the country from academic year 2019-20 itself.
5. (b) Palestine
UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres welcomed the "historic leadership" of Palestine which assumed the chairmanship of G77, the global body's largest intergovernmental organisation of developing countries including India. Egypt was the previous Chair of the Group of 77 (G77), a coalition of 134 members, along with China which aligns itself with the bloc.
6. (a) CP Joshi
In Rajasthan, senior leader of Congress and former Central Minister C.P Joshi was elected as Speaker of the 15th Legislative Assembly. Leader of the house, Ashok Gehlot proposed his name for the speaker which was seconded by Deputy Chief Minister Sachin Pilot.
7. (b) Aurangabad
The 9th International Micro irrigation conference began on January 16, 2019 in Aurangabad, Maharashtra. The conference will focus on the theme of “Micro Irrigation and Modern Agriculture”.
8. (c) Ninth
Prime Minister Narendra Modi will inaugurate the ninth edition of the Vibrant Gujarat Global Summit 2019 on January 18, 2019. The summit will be held at the Mahatma Mandir, Gandhinagar, Gujarat.
9. (d) Real Estate Sector
The Ministry of Finance on January 15, 2019 constituted a Group of Ministers (GoM) for boosting the Real Estate Sector under the GST regime. The GoM was constituted in pursuance of the decision of GST Council taken in the 32nd meeting held on January 10, 2019 at New Delhi.
10. (a) Maharashtra
Maharashtra is leading in Medal tally of Khelo India Youth Games with 177 Medals including 64 Gold. Delhi is on number 2 with 121 medals including 47 Gold and Haryana is on number 3 with 110 Medals including 37 Gold.