According to RBI the design of new Rs 50 note is similar in all respects to old Rs 50 note in Mahatma Gandhi series. New Rs 50 note dimension is about 66 mm X 135 mm in fluorescent blue colour. Here, let us tell you that in August 2017 the RBI had issued the fluorescent blue coloured Rs 50 note which bears the signature of the governor Urjit R Patel.
Do you know that all banknotes in the denomination of Rs 50 issued by the Reserve Bank in the past will continue to be legal tender according to RBI.
New Rs 50 note front features
- Registered denominational numeral 50 is written in Devanagri script.
- At the centre of the note portrait of Mahatma Gandhi is there.
- Micro letters ‘RBI', 'Bharat' in hindi, ‘INDIA' and '50' are mentioned.
- Windowed demetalised security thread with inscriptions 'Bharat in hindi and RBI.
- Guarantee Clause is also there, Governor's signature with Promise Clause and RBI emblem towards right side of Mahatma Gandhi portrait.
- On the right side of the note Ashoka Pillar emblem is there.
- Portrait of Mahatma Gandhi and electrotype (50) watermark. On the front and back side of the Rs 50 note a small design of the denominational numeral 50 is printed in the middle of the vertical band next to the watermark. This has an accurate back-to-back registration. According to RBI, one important thing is that the design appears as one when seen against the light.
- Some number panel with numerals growing from small to big on the top left side and bottom right side of the note is there.
New Rs 50 back side features
- On the left side of the note year of printing of the note is given.
- There is also a Swachh Bharat logo with the slogan.
- Language panel is also there.
- Motif of Hampi with Chariot is also there.
- Denominational numeral 50 in Devanagari script.
So, now you may have come to know about the features of new Rs 50 note and also the difference between old and new note of Rs 50.