Sariska Tiger Reserve: Facts at a Glance
Sariska Tiger Reserve is located in Alwar District of Rajasthan in lap of Aravali hills. Sariska Tiger Reserve or Sariska National Park was a hunting reserve area for Alwar state. It got a status of wildlife reserve in year 1955 and in year 1978 it became Sariska Tiger Reserve. It covers area of 866 sq kms. The Wild life 0f Sariska Park includes Royal Bengal Tiger, Leopard, Jungle Cat, Caracal, Striped Hyena, Golden Jackal, Chital, Sambhar, Blue Bull, Chinkara, Four Horned antelope.
Location of the Sariska Tiger Reserve-
Image source: allindiatravelinfo.com
Image source: www.ghumakkar.com
Facts about Sariska Tiger Reserve:
1. Sariska Tiger Reserve is situated in Alwar District of Rajasthan in lap of Aravali hills.
2. It got a status of wildlife reserve in year 1955 and in year 1978 it became Sariska Tiger Reserve.
3. It covers an area of 866 sq km.
4. Its Wild life comprises Royal Bengal Tiger, Leopard, Jungle Cat, Caracal, Striped Hyena, Golden Jackal, Chital, Sambhar, Blue Bull, Chinkara and Four Horned antelope.
5. Flora of Sariska is found as Dhok tree, Salar, Kadaya, Dhak, Gol, Ber, Khair, Bargad, Arjun, Gugal and Bamboo etc.
6. The topography of Sariska supports scrub-thorn arid forests, dry deciduous forests, rocks and grasses.
7. The park is home to numerous carnivores including Leopard, Wild Dog, Jungle Cat, Civets Hyena, Jackal, and Tiger.
8. It is also well known for its large population of Rhesus Monkeys, which are found around Talvriksh.
9. The avian world is also well represented with Peafowl, Grey Partridge, Bush Quail, Sand Grouse,Tree Pie, Golden backed Woodpecker, crested Serpent Eagle and The Great Indian horned Owl.
10. This park contains historical places inside as Kankarwadi fort, built by kind Jai Singh II, Kankarwadi fort is located in centre of Sariska Tiger Reserve.
11. Mughel emperor Aurangzeb imprisoned his brother Dara Shikoh at Kankarwadi fort in struggle for succession of the throne.
12. A Famous temple of lord Hanuman is situated at Pandupol which is related to Pandavas.
13. Access to Sariska is in very good condition now and one can reach easily from Delhi via Delhi Dharuhera, Alwar, Sariska.
14. Entry of private vehicles is not allowed inside of Sariska Tiger Reserve. Though entry to Sariska Tiger Reserve is open to private vehicles on Tuesday & Saturday only.
15. Siliserh Lake is very near to Sariska Resort and Siliserh Lake's beauty is awesome. One can enjoy Paddle Boat, Motor Boat, Pistol Boat, Banana Boat or Rowing Boat Siliserh Lake, Jet Ski & water Zorbing and Scuba Diving here.
(Water Zorbing in Siliserh Lake)