CBSE Class 12th Chapter, Amines carries 4 Marks in board exam. Experts of Jagranjosh.com offer the best practice material that covers all important questions so that students will not miss any portion while preparing for board exams or competitive exams. Consider the mentioned terms/questions at the time of studying.
• Structure and classification of amines.
• Nomenclature of amines. i.e., alkanamine and arylamine.
• Write the IUPAC names of the following:
• Isomerism of different pairs of amines. (very important)
• Preparation of amines by ammonolysis, reduction, etc.
• Describe ammonolysis? How could you say that the NH3 acts as a nucleophile and helps in the cleavage of C-X bond? Also mention its disadvantage.
• Physical properties of amine.
• Which is more soluble in water and why: (very important)
a) CH3-CH2-NH2 or NH2-(CH2)6-NH2
b) butan-1-ol or butan-1-amine
• Which has more boiling point and why:
CH3-CH2-NH2, CH3-CH (CH3)-NH2 and CH3-C (CH3)2-NH2
• How could you account for amines behaving as Lewis base? Are aromatic amines stronger than aliphatic amines? Why? (very important)
• Explain the structure-basicity relation between aliphatic amine, aromatic amine and ammonia with required facts. (very important)
• Write down equation showing difference between Friedel-Crafts alkylation and acylation of amines?
• Importance of pyridine in acylation of amines.
• Importance of hisenberg’s reagent and the product so formed.
• Draw the resonance hybrid structure of aniline thus showing its electron density at ortho-para positions.
• Why is the activating effect of acetanilide less than amino group?
• Write a note on diazonium salts explaining its structure.
• Why the yield on reaction of diazonium salts in Sandmeyer reaction is found to be better than Gattermann reaction? (very important)
• What do you mean by coupling reaction in diazo group? (very important)
• Complete the following reactions:
• Convert Aniline into 1,3,5 - tribromobenzene.
Visit CBSE Section to get SOLVED & UNSOLVED question papers, Sample papers, online test with solution, study material, NCERT Solutions And Much More.....
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.
CBSE Class 12 Physical Education: 3 Marks questions expected to be asked in 2018 board exam
CBSE Class 12 Physical Education: 1 Mark questions expected to be asked in 2018 board exam
CBSE Class 12 Maths Board Exam 2018: Last minute tips to score maximum marks in the paper
CBSE Class 12 Maths Board Exam 2018: List of 6 marks questions expected to be asked this year