Banaras Hindu University (BHU), Varanasi invited online applications from the eligible candidates for the Teaching and Non- teaching posts of Professor and other posts for the various disciplines & Depts. The eligible candidates can apply Online for the posts through the BHU’s Website www.bhu.ac.in so as to reach on or before 12 January 2017 up to 05:00 PM.
Last Date of Online Application: 12 January 2017
Last Date for Online Application Fee Payment: 16 January 2017
Last Date for downloading of filled- in Online Application: 18 January 2017
Last Date for Submission of Hardcopy of filled- in Application: 21 January 2017
BHU Vacancy Details:
Name of the Posts:
- Professor – 114 Posts
- Associate Professor – 178 Posts
- Assistant Professor – 233 Posts
- Reader – 03 Posts
- Senior Scientist – 01 Post
- Junior Research Officer – 03 Posts
- Maintenance Engineer (Senior) – 01 Post
- Public Relations Officer (PRO) – 01 Post
- Radiological Physicist – 01 Post
- Medical Officer (MM) – 05 Posts
- Dy. Medical Superintendent – 01 Post
- Pracharya (Principal) – 01 Post
- Law Officer – 01 Post
- Training & Placement Officer – 01 Post
- Manager (Guest House Complex/Canteens) – 01 Post. [Tenure appointment for 5 years]
- Student Career Counselor – 01 Post
- Staff Nurse – 12 Posts
- Dental Instrument Mechanic – 01 Post
- Technical Assistant (OT cum Anaesthesia) – 08 Posts
- Orthoptist – 01 Post.
Eligibility Criteria for BHU Professor and Other Jobs:
- Professor/ Reader: Possess Ph.D. Degree in concerned specialty else M.D. Degree in the appropriate discipline (whichever applicable).
- Associate Professor: Possess Ph.D. Degree and Master’s Degree in the respective discipline.
- Assistant Professor: Possess Master’s Degree in the respective discipline and qualify National Eligibility Test (NET).
- Senior Scientist/ Junior Research Officer: Possess MD/ MS in respective discipline.
- Maintenance Engineer (Senior): Possess BE or B. Tech. Degree in the concerned field.
- Public Relations Officer (PRO)/ Radiological Physicist/ Pracharya (Principal)/ Manager/ Student Career Counselor: Possess Master’s Degree or Post- Graduate Degree in respective discipline.
- Medical Officer (MM)/ Dy. Medical Superintendent: Possess MBBS Degree.
- Training & Placement Officer: Possess MBA (HR) or B. Tech. Degree in the concerned field.
- Staff Nurse/ Technical Assistant: Possess Bachelor’s Degree in the appropriate discipline.
- Dental Instrument Mechanic: Possess Diploma in the requisite field.
- Orthoptist: Possess Higher Secondary/ Intermediate with Diploma in the appropriate discipline.
- Professor/ Dy. Medical Superintendent: 10 years.
- Associate Professor: 08 years.
- Assistant Professor: 03 years.
- Senior Scientist: 10 years.
- PRO: 08 years.
- Radiological Physicist/ Student Career Counselor/ Dental Instrument Mechanic: 02 years.
- Law Officer/ Training & Placement Officer: 07 years.
- Manager/ Technical Assistant: 05 years.
- Gen: as on last date of receipt of application.
- Professor/ Associate Professor/ Assistant Professor/ Group ‘A’: As applicable.
- Pracharaya: Between 35 to 50 years
- Group ‘B’ & ‘C’: Between 18 to 30 years
- OBC/ SC/ ST/ PWD/ Others: As per norms.
Selection Procedure for BHU Professor and Other Jobs:
The short listed candidates will be selected on the basis of performance in the Written Test and/ or Skill Test/ Personal Interview, which will be conducted by the administration.
Application Fee for BHU Professor and Other Jobs:
Gen/ OBC & Others: Rs. 1000/- (for Teaching Posts and Group ‘A’ Non- teaching posts) and Rs. 500/- (for Group ‘B’ & ‘C’ Non- teaching posts) through online payment mode.
SC/ ST/ PWD candidates: Exempted from fee payment.
How to Apply for BHU Professor and Other Jobs:
Eligible candidates can apply Online for the posts through the BHU’s Website www.bhu.ac.in and also as required upload the latest photograph and the signature along with other necessary documents so as to reach on or before 12 January 2017 up to 05:00 PM. Candidates has to submit the hard copy of filled-in application form along with other necessary documents so as to reach to the office of the Registrar, Recruitment & Assessment Cell, Holkar House, BHU, Varanasi – 221 005 (U.P.) on or before 21 January 2017.
BHU Professor and Other Jobs Detailed Advertisement