CAT 2015 Sample Test available from 25th Oct. 2015
IIM is going to organize online sample / mock test for candidates from 25th Oct. 2015. CAT sample / mock test available on official website from 25th Oct. 2015, will be a full-length test. Main motive behind conducting such sample test is to bring easiness for participants and make them familiar with online exam process.
Common Admission Test (CAT) - 2015 will be conducted on 29th Nov. 2015 in two sessions (forenoon and afternoon).
This year, Common Admission Test (CAT) is conducted by IIM Ahmedabad . As per IIM Ahmedabad’s Authority pattern of Common Admission Test (CAT) - 2015 exam has been changed.
IIM is going to organize online sample / mock test for candidates from 25th Oct. 2015. CAT sample / mock test available on official website from 25th Oct. 2015, will be a full-length test. Main motive behind conducting such sample test is to bring easiness for participants and make them familiar with online exam process. Common Admission Test (CAT) is a premier entrance exam in management core conducted annually by any one of the IIM, so it becomes necessary to conduct a sample or mock test before conducting actual entrance exam.
CAT is a national level entrance exam, students from every corner of the country try to secure a seat for themselves but as technology is not in reach of every students so before going to participate in such a national level entrance exam theses student should have some knowledge through sample / mock test.
So registered candidates can participate in sample paper conducted by IIM from 25th Oct. 2015, for practical knowledge of this year’s major changes and can make themselves ready for real fight going to held on 29th Nov. 2015. Candidates will get approximately one month time to create new strategies to crack the exam after taking the sample test.
CAT 2015 Exam Pattern –
Exam pattern of CAT – 2015 have many changes in compare to previous year’s exam. Here are listed some major changes so that aspirants can understand these changes before fighting for a chance to be a future student of IIMs in India;
- This year the total duration of the exam will be 180 minutes in compare to previous year in which 170 minutes time was allowed.
- This exam will be a computer based and a mix of multiple choice questions (MCQs) as well as some non-MCQs will be asked in the exam. Answers to the non-MCQs required to be typed by the candidatesin the space provided but previously exam paper used to be totally MCQs based.
- There will be three sections in the question paper; Quantitative Aptitude (QA), Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning (DILR) and Verbal and Reading Comprehension (VRC) but earlier there were 2 section only.
- There will be a sectional limit of time for each section 60 minutes and in between candidates are not permitted to change sections, it means one section is need to be completed in 60 minutes in previous year there were no such sectional limit.
- There will be 100 questions from all sections. 34 questions will be from Quantitative Aptitude (QA) section, 34 questions will be from Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning (DILR) section and 32 questions from Verbal and Reading Comprehension (VRC) section.
- All questions are compulsory to all within sectional time limit.
- Candidates will have to attempt the sections in a pre-specified order, as per the officials, which will be same for all the candidates.
- Candidates will be permitted to use basic on-screen calculator in the exam room, this relaxation is unique for competitive exams.
- Each question will carry 3 marks thus total maximum marks for his exam will be 300.
- There will be negative marketing for wrong answers also that will be 1 mark for each wrong answer but for Non-MCQs there will be no negative marking.
- Sample test will be conducted by IIM on its official website for candidates to make the candidates familiar with all new changes.
Finally candidates are required to focus on these changes because they need to focus each part of the exam equally earlier it was seen that candidates used to give more time on their strong areas and used to get good marks but for 2015 year CAT exam story slightly changed due to sectional time limit.