CBSE Class 10 Foundation of Information Technology exam was held on 8 March, 2018. On talking to the students who appeared for the exam we got to know that the paper was easy and all the questions were asked from within the syllabus.
Question paper pattern was completely different from that followed in the past years’ exams
This year the paper consisted of a total of 16 questions unlike the previous years’ when the paper comprised of 6 questions in all. Also the marks allotment was different than the previous years. Previously the class 10 Foundation of IT question paper carried a total of 70 marks which has been reduced to 40 marks this year.
Question paper pattern was exactly similar to the latest CBSE sample paper
The 10 Foundation of Information Technology question paper pattern was exactly similar to the latest CBSE sample paper released for class 10 Foundation of IT. Division of sections, number of questions and allotment of marks to various questions were all same as done in the CBSE sample paper 2018.
CBSE Class 10 Foundation of IT Question Paper Pattern 2018:
- The paper was divided into two sections- A and B.
- Section- A consisted of six questions.
- Question number 1 in section- A had five parts which were all Multiple Choice Type Questions carrying 1 mark each.
- Question number 2 -6 were all descriptive type questions of 1 mark each.
- Section- B consisted of 10 questions numbered 7 to 16.
- Question number 7 to 10 were of 2 marks each.
- Question number 11 - 14 were of 3 marks each.
- Question number 15 and question number 16 were asked for 5 marks each.
- The question paper carried a total of 40 marks.
- The complete paper had to be attempted in 2.5 hours.
- Students were required to answer all the questions.
- Internal choices were there in the two questions of 2 marks, one question of 3 marks and 1 question of 5 marks.
The students were given 15 minutes of extra time to go through the question paper before writing the answers.
Students' and teachers' feedback and review:
- According to the students and teachers the class 10 Foundation of IT paper was easy with all the questions asked from within the syllabus.
- Considering the class 10 Foundation of IT paper as an easy one, most of the students are expecting around 35 marks out of 40 in the paper.
Here we are providing the complete question paper for CBSE Class 10 Foundation of Information Technology exam 2018.
A few sample questions from the question paper are given below:
Q. Multiple Choice Questions:
(a) Full form of FTP is:
(i) Fast Transfer Protocol (ii) File Transfer Protocol
(iii) Full Transfer Protocol (iv) File Transit Protocol
(b) In VLINK attribute, V stands for:
(i) Visited (ii) Very
(iii) Victory (iv) Visitor
(c) Time, Date and Number are the examples of:
(i) DataTables (ii) DataSize
(iii) DataBase (iv) DataTypes
(d) FACE and SIZE are the attributes of ——— tag.
(i) FONT (ii) BASEFONT
(iii) H1......H6 (iv) Both (i) and (ii)
Q. Write down one advantage of e-shopping.
Q. Name any two popular web browsers.
Q. How email address and URL are different from each other? Explain with suitable example.
Get the complete question paper from the following link:
Next Important Exam for Class 10 Students:
With a gap of three days after the Foundation of IT exam, Class 10 students have their English paper on 12 March. Here we are providing articles important for the preparation of Class 10 English Exam 2018:
- CBSE Class 10 English (Communicative) Syllabus 2017-2018
- CBSE Class 10 English Language and Literature Syllabus 2017-2018
- CBSE Class 10 English (Communicative) Previous Years Question Papers
- CBSE Class 10 English (Communicative) and English (Language and Literature) Sample Papers
- CBSE Class 10th English NCERT Books